Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year Heading Into Studio • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 7, 2016.

1. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

This band makes money from touring and merch sales. How much this album sells probably will have little to do with their plans to continue. Especially considering it's crowd-funded which means they won't owe anything to a label.

BornToRun, Ferrari333SP and Schooner like this.
  2. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Signed vinyl for me. They did a good job with the video as well! "Let's make Story of the Year great again!"
    Excited for Aaron Sprinkle producing this.

3. They don't need to sell a single other copy if they hit their pledge goal and tour.

BornToRun, inwaves and Davjs like this.
  4. So glad to see them do well with that. I just hope the new stuff has the heaviness and the energy of ITWOD and The Black Swan, The Constant never did anything for me except for a few songs.

5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

This makes me so happy.

inwaves likes this.
  6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

68%

inwaves likes this.
  7. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

They're absolutely crushing their pledge goal, so I find it hard to believe that they'll hang it up after seeing this type of reaction

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Only record I loved was In The Wake of Determination.. hopefully this new record incorporates some of that sound?

Either way I'm glad this thing is already 2/3 funded with 60 days left to go.

truelovewaits likes this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

From the song Bang Bang they have been playing, I'd say they are probably just continuing their sound they left of with The Constant. That's not to say there won't be heavy stuff, some of my favorite heavy songs are from after ITWOD: Choose Your Fate, Welcome to Our New War, Won Threw Ate, To The Burial and Eye for an Eye. I hope we get at least a few in that vein.

mattylikesfilms and inwaves like this.
  10. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Anyone have thoughts on the Allegaeon Patreon "controversy" and White Lung losing their shit? Is Patreon really so awful?

11. Davjs

Trusted

I haven't heard of the story. I love the Kinda Funny guys and The Dick Show podcast and they use and love Patreon from what I can tell.

12. aniafc

Trusted

But how sustainable is that? I mean this seriously (the internet sucks with tone haha). Will they just do this every album cycle from here on out? I mean their 10 year tour for Page Avenue didn't go well and that was their biggest album. I just don't see their tour's being a huge success, but I could be wrong

13. Davjs Nov 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2016)
    Davjs

Trusted

I think it depends on how the album is received. Thrice and Sums new album has had awesome response and that combined with them being gone for a bit, I've noticed they are playing bigger venues then when before they left.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. inwaves

Are you a SOTY fan, Jason?

15. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Honestly can only remember one song from The Constant -- think it's called Remember a Time or something. Had a riff from the Weezer playbook. I didn't like it then, but now it's the only one I can recall. Shows my general apathy toward the rest of that album. Really dig the previous three though. Could go for a super aggressive new record in the mold of Choose Your Fate.

16. pbueddi

Trusted

i really liked "the ghost of you and i" off the constant. thats the kind of SOTY music i want.

inwaves likes this.
  17. inwaves

81%

18. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I think my favourite from The Constant was The Dream is Over. I prefer that type of SotY songs over the big agressive ones. I liked The Constant overall.

Davjs likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

The Dream is Over is a top 10 song for me. Should have been a single.

20. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I remember it was announced as being the next single after I'm Alive and To the Burial, but it just never happened.

21. Davjs

Trusted

I had no idea Burials was a single. I thought it was just I'm Alive. Interesting. Dream is Over would have def been a better choice.

22. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Well I don't know if it really was an official single, but it was the first song released from the album and Wikipedia lists it in the list of singles for what it's worth.

23. Davjs

Trusted

I do remember hearing that first on Myspace before the album came out lol. Yeah, I don't know if I'd call it a single but I love that was the first taste we got since it's a fast and heavy track.

24. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

97% now!

25. pbueddi

Trusted

99%!