Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year – “War” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Freezon

Regular

Seems like they’ve really lost their edge. Not digging these newer songs unfortunately. Also this song really reminds me of bankrupt by Silverstein.

3. sowrongitsryan

Regular

Edge not lost song good

pbueddi and David- like this.
  4. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Every single so far I’ve been like oh I guess it’s pretty good and then really grows on me but still nothing like their previous stuff. For me it’s like oh cool some new songs that are alright/pretty good from a band and moment in time that I loved. Nice to just have more

5. adelaide21

this reminds me of most songs on Wolves, how the verses are typically Dan singing over electronic instrumentation. Just seems pretty generic , but I’m holding out hope for the rest of the LP.

6. 333 GANG

ACAB

Like this a lot. All of the new songs have been a lot of fun, looking forward to this record

7. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

This is my least favorite of all of the new songs, but I still like it. In general I've enjoyed everything so far and disagree that they have lost their edge.

Wolves had some super bangers... like bang bang :crylaugh:

8. pbueddi

Trusted

My least favorite has probably been Take The Ride, but i dont mind it.

Also, I probably enjoy wolves more than most on this site. Some great songs on there.

ramomcferno likes this.
  9. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

Yeah, I'd put Take The Ride just ahead of this one. Really I'd order them in released order haha.

I really enjoy wolves as well, minus purple rain. For whatever reason I really don't care for that song.

ramomcferno and pbueddi like this.
  10. pbueddi

Trusted

Yeah real life is awesome

11. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

My first response to listening to Wolves was "they had no business making an album this good." It was unexpectedly great. The tracks on this one don't feel quite as inspired for me, but I've enjoyed them well enough.

pbueddi likes this.
  12. SFguitar

Regular

Why would anyone be surprised Wolves was good? Every single album these guys have put out has been solid. They're one of the most consistent bands in the scene.

13. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Hey, totally valid point. The Constant never really clicked with me and there was a 7 year gap before Wolves. Adam left, then they kicked Phil out and Adam came back. So with such a long break and then and some lineup shuffling, I guess I was just holding my breath. But I think that album borders on great, rather than just "solid." So yea, it was just a bit of a surprise to me, personally.

SFguitar likes this.