Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year – “How Can We Go On” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

BornToRun likes this.
  2. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Damn, that was some quick work editing Phil out of their promo videos. :uhoh: I saw the lower part of his bass at 1:30, but that's about it. I'm still not OK with this.

Davjs likes this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

Oh no. From the previews that they showed on Pledge for this video, this video looked awesome but.....

Them reworking it to cut Phil out looks like it's now just the Dan and Ryan show. Reusing footage from Bang Bang and live shows doesn't really flow. I'm not sure why they can't release an already filmed video just because a member change?

4. tomtom94

Trusted

From a legal perspective, presumably as soon as Phil was "out of the band", SOTY lost the rights to use his image in music videos.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

hmmmmm. Didn't think about it that way. It's a possibility. Still makes me sad :tear:

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Still waiting to hear why they kicked Phil out..

7. Davjs

Trusted

I don't think it's going to ever officially come out. It seems personal and messy. I am surprised the band released a second statement about it actually.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They did? Is it on their FB? I thought only Phil released his.

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This is a bad video.

Davjs likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, on the FB they released a short one the same time Phil did, then just recently they put out a longer one and in the same statement, announced that Adam is officially back.

11. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

He's actually in a bunch more shots, the editing was so sloppy here.

Echoing the other thoughts in this thread - bad video, but I still love the song.

Davjs likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, the song is my favorite on this album so hopefully it draws in more people to the album.

13. pbueddi

Trusted

sad to see the video like this, as it's my favorite song on the album.

Davjs likes this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

The preview Phil posted on his facebook awhile back of Goodnight My Love looked awesome too. I wonder if that will ever come out, or if they'll chop it up too :tear:

15. pbueddi

Trusted

i wonder why adam didn't rejoin the band a few years ago to begin with. anyone have some insight?

16. Davjs

Trusted

the clip I mentioned above

JediMasterKevo182 likes this.
  17. kyleadams

formerly thisisalchemy Prestigious

Damn, they are really disconnecting from Phil. How sad :(