Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stone Temple Pilots Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Oct 26, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I would think they could be finally gearing up to announce the new singer, but who knows

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

According to their Facebook page:

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of Stone Temple Pilots's debut album, Rhino is releasing CORE (25TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) on September 15. The Super Deluxe edition is a 4CD|1DVD|1LP set, including the 1993 MTV Unplugged set, official music videos, and the Live At Castaic Lake Natural Amphitheater show. Also available will be a Deluxe 2CD edition, plus the original album remastered on CD and digitally.

You can get "Sex Type Thing (Demo)" instantly when you pre-order your copy today: http://stonetemplepilots.com/

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I used to LOVE STP back in the day! I can thank The Crow soundtrack for that. Same for The Cure.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Happy birthday Core

Contender, bd007h, ugman_2000 and 4 others like this.
  5. goation

Regular

14-year-old me is dissapointed in this opinion, but Core might be my least favorite from all of the original 5 LPs. That being said, it is still an amazing record. “Crackerman” still hits so hard.

6. DesolateEarth

Birb

In a recent interview they said they were open to rereleasing their other records in this manner. Reallllllyyyyy hoping for a Purple 25th anniversary release in 2019.

7. beachdude

New Stone Temple Pilots single. Their new singer is Jeff Gutt formerly of Dry Cell who competed on X Factor. I can’t listen right now but I’m excited, I love his voice and was hoping it was him.

8. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds alright, it’s quite core-ish. I’m still not sure about them carying on as Scott was such a big component of this band. I felt the same with Alice in Chains and William though and I ended up enjoying their output, so I’ll still check out whatever STP do going forward.

9. beachdude

I dig the track honestly. Jeff is super talented so I have faith he'll prove himself as more than a Scott soundalike.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  10. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve never heard of the guy before but he sounds capable. It’ll be interesting to check out if they try different directions with him or stick to a whole album in the sound of this track.

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. beachdude

Yeah I'm hoping they branch out a bit. He was legitimately a great singer on The X Factor, one of a VERY small number of contestants from singing shows I've ever really cared about. His old band Dry Cell was great too.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I posted in the news article...STP could have posted this song and said it was an old demo from Scott in the band and I would have believed it.

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Roll Me Under is up on Spotify

Larry David likes this.
  14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wasn't their last album with Scott self-titled too?

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Yeah it was, that makes this the green album I guess

Larry David likes this.
  16. cherrywaves

Trusted

It feels like this dude has made a career at following Chester Bennington's footsteps. I remember downloading that one Dry Cell song of Kazaa because it was labelled as Linkin Park lol

17. beachdude

18. beachdude

I actually really like this one. Jeff finally shows more of his own style and isn’t just doing a Scott impression. Instrumentation is really nice too.

19. DesolateEarth

Birb

The new songs aren't bad but I dunno if I see myself coming back to them. STP had a great 3 album run for me in the early and mid 90's but everything after Tiny Music was incredibly hit or miss, with only a handful of songs from the last 3 albums I ever really revisit.

I will say that this new guy is a very good Scott replacement though! They definitely made a good choice going with him.

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Album leaked. Not too bad at all. Jeffrey sounds a lot like Scott and definitely fits the band more than Chester did.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, kind of eerie how much he sounds like Scott. Honestly, a little too eerie for me. I skimmed through the album, it's not bad, but for whatever reason, I just have a difficult time listening to them without Scott.

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Damn, Purple turns 25 tomorrow.

One of my favorite albums of all-time.

23. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

such a great album

beachdude likes this.
  24. beachdude

This band had a phenomenal run with Scott.

angrycandy likes this.
  25. DesolateEarth

Birb

My all time favorite album.
    Will be spinning it tomorrow in celebration.

angrycandy, beachdude and bachna84 like this.