Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stone Roses Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, May 12, 2016.

1. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

2. Paul Beaumont

Can't wait. I'm hoping it's good, they really can't have waited this long with the huge shows coming up and not have it be huge.

3. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Itd be fun to go to NYC to see them in the US.... I dont know anyone going, though friend online were talking about.

4. Paul Beaumont

I checked that out but I'm going to Manchester next month so I'm happy with that. Euro 2016 is on at the same time too so I'm expecting a good day out, although that may well bring out even more drunken hooligans to the show,

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Holy shit, wasn't expecting this. Cautiously optimistic, S/T is a classic

6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

This is exciting

7. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Self titled? Hell! I thought there was only the ONE album..... good god! ROFL

I wore out my CD, right up there with the Violent Femmes CD.... Id love to be able to find either of those.

Every song on it... One tune was REAL long. like 10 minutes, I think. I wanna be adores was (cough) Pure (Fools) Gold.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

The single is... different.

9. Paul Beaumont

Decent single. Classic Squire riff, not big on the repetitive lyrics but hopefully there'll be more to come.

10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

yup. stone roses. :) we'll see.

11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Randomly decided to listen to this band's debut in full for the first time... was an excellent choice. I already love this more than any Oasis album.

12. beachdude

I know their second album isn't nearly as revered as their first, but "Love Spreads" is a jam and a half.

13. Paul Beaumont

Let's not get ahead of ourselves ;)

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. Paul Beaumont

If you've only checked the two LP's I can't recommend highly enough digging into the tracks from around the same time as the debut.

Elephant Stone
    Fools Gold
    Standing Here
    Hardest Thing In The World
    Mersey Paradise
    Going Down
    Where Angels Play
    One Love

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. beachdude

I'm actually pretty serious with that haha, I think I prefer the debut to Definitely Maybe AND What's the Story.

Will do!

16. Paul Beaumont

Another new song. This one is much more like it for me.

17. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

truly incredible band. didn't realize they had released new stuff this year. like beautiful thing quite a bit, shades of s/t in there

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious