Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stimulus Check Usage • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Brent, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Got it yesterday... decided to just put $500 into each of our kids savings plans, $1000 into a personal savings, and the rest towards a CC bill.

hoping this next wave proposed ($2000 per adult, $500 per kid a month) happens, to really get some debt knocked out/buy some stuff.

Raku likes this.
  2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Lolwut

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I received my 2019 Tax Return check from the IRS in the mail today which I understand is separate than the Stimulus payments but when I check my Stimulus I get a “Payment Status Not Available”

They clearly have my tax filing info...

4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

TJ Wells and coleslawed like this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Ok I did end up getting mine somehow

Brent likes this.
  6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I had to enter my bank info and thats the screen I get now too, so they probably have your info.

Actually scratch that sorry, just checked and it did update.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The IRS definitely doesn’t have my DD info, hence I got my tax return via a check in the mail. I can’t update my DD info on IRS.gov because I get the Payment Status Not Available.

I don’t really care tbh. I don’t mind waiting for a paper check...I just find it weird that they can mail millions upon millions of tax return checks within days but they say the paper checks for Stimulus could take months.

Jacob likes this.
  8. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Ah I gotcha

9. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Magic cards, and some stuff for my kids.

Not too exciting.

theagentcoma and Brent like this.
  10. I'll be paying down some credit card debt.

11. MayaWalker

Going to have to live in my car for a while after losing my job. Unemployment hasn't kicked in yet so I'll probably use it for food honestly. Such a bizarre times I forget its truly happening. Hope everyone can find strength during these times.

12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m still at Payment Status Not Available!

what’s more frustrating is my wife is a self employed hairstylist and has her own LLC. She’s been closed down for more than a month and the system for unemployment for self employed workers in Ohio won’t be ready until mid-May. So she’s going two months without any pay whatsoever.

bachna84 likes this.
  14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

ordered a new iPad, the rest is getting saved/paying down loans.

Brent likes this.
  15. theagentcoma

I got an email this morning about the extra $600 a week and how it would start soon. I'm in WA state for reference.

16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The Witcher 3 on Switch

17. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I’ve only received one 600 payment so far despite getting four weeks of unemployment. Not sure how they’re going to handle the back dating portion

18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Lemme know how this plays on handheld.

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

paid off my washer/dryer I bought at Home Depot so I have one less monthly payment to make.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Brent like this.
  20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Got a nice pair of wireless headphones, some house stuff, and paid off some debt.

coleslawed, theagentcoma and Brent like this.
  21. theagentcoma

I'm looking at headphones as well. Any leads?

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I got the taotronics soundliberty. For 50 bucks, they have more than good sound quality, touch controls, etc. obviously they’re not AirPods but for 100 bucks cheaper they’re fantastic.

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

received my mine with my first unemployment deposit.

although now thinking about it, that included one week of backpay for regular unemployment plus that week’s pay, but only one week of the $600. maybe that was just the first week it started.

24. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

What I actually ended up using it on:

- car payment
    - phone bill
    - a new wallet
    - some anime shirts
    - manga
    - pizza

Probably not going to use it for much of anything else

theagentcoma and coleslawed like this.
  25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I'm very tempted to put a deposit down for an artist I dig to get started on some big ink pieces.

theagentcoma likes this.