Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stick To Your Guns - True View (October 13, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Jul 27, 2017.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Presale packages: Stick To Your Guns

Couldn't be much more excited for this, what a band.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

one of the most consistent bands in the scene. looking forward to this

redwing91007 likes this.
  3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Looking forward to this. STYG is one of my favorite bands.

4. johnnyferris

Third song released from the album. The most non-STYG song ever and I'm really liking it

5. solxace

oh word?

Love it

6. johnnyferris

Left You Behind is a helluva song too

solxace likes this.
  7. johnnyferris

suicidesaints likes this.
  8. solxace

oh word?

YES

suicidesaints likes this.
  9. drewinseries

Drew

Usually not into this, but I found Jesse's stuff through Trade Wind, and I kinda dig some aspects of this band. Specifically the last LP.

riotspray and johnnyferris like this.
  10. redwing91007

You're probably the one person I know that got into Trade Wind before STYG or SFTP, pretty cool to see it come full circle.

riotspray likes this.
  11. drewinseries

Drew

It's a weird journey for sure. I love Noah Gundersen, and through him found out about Scott Ruth (whose latest track Noah sings on and produced) and through Scott Ruth's spotify page, I saw Trade Wind, checked em out and really dug. Then through more researching found out it was dudes from STYG and SFTP, bands I usually don't dig.

Trade Wind is playing in Montreal with Scott, and I'm in Boston, but I really want to go since those are their only shows in 2019.

redwing91007 likes this.
  12. redwing91007

I’ll be at the Montreal show if you make the drive up. Caught them in NYC in their last tour a few years back and it was a good time.

johnnyferris likes this.
  13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I know they are basically a different band now, but I wish they would have done a 10 year tour for Comes From The Heart. They never play anything from that album live anymore.

14. johnnyferris

Great memories seeing some of those songs live

riotspray likes this.
  15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's when I fist discovered the band so some of that stuff holds a special place. I was lucky enough to see them play some of that record when it came out but after the lineup changes they basically retired that material. They still play a song or two from the first album but nothing from CFTH

16. johnnyferris

I got into them right after THD came out, but since I was local to Orange County I feel like I was still getting a song or two from CFTH when they stopped playing it everywhere else. Heartless, Impact, Enough is Enough were great live.

riotspray likes this.