Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Steven Universe (Cartoon Network) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

So Rebecca came out as queer at comic con which is fantastic. Her speech was incredible.

This is easily the best show on television

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

crazy how a kids show can do an episode on abusive relationships so perfectly. wow

DeviantRogue and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  3. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

The themes explored in this show are so important and well done.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

yeah, the themes of being ok with sexuality, gender issues, consent, LGBTQ+ rights, losing a parent and how traumatic that can be, its all handled so well.

It makes my heart warm knowing there are children watching this show and getting these important lessons at an early age. Oddly enough, I feel the same way about Dont Hug Me Im Scared, granted it deals with different topics.

5. DeviantRogue

Oh really, I haven't watched much of that youtube series, just the first two, love to hear more of your thoughts on that.

6. CoffeeEyes17

its one of the strangest and most brilliant things ive ever seen. its a commentary on childrens show, like Sesame Street, that attempt to teach kids such lofty concepts as Time and Dreams when theyre just kids. It also provides commentary on creating something and then having corporate greed trickle in to take control, bargaining ideas with money and compromising to make the money lenders happy. Theres a lot to unpack that it touches on, from advertisements to product placement to the stifling of creativity to greed, but at its core its a scathing commentary on childrens shows and how truly dark some of the behind the scenes people can be with their greedy ideas and lack of concern for the children watching.

DeviantRogue likes this.
  7. CoffeeEyes17

Lapis has become one of my favorite characters of all time. Her storyline has been so fascinatingly tragic.

incognitojones and DeviantRogue like this.
  8. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Lapis is so complex, there's just so much nuance in all of these relationships and back stories, this show is truly a gift.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  9. CoffeeEyes17

her storyline of essentially being the victim of an abusive relationship and feeling alone hits too close to home. Not to mention the "I'm Lapis Lazuli, and you cant keep me trapped here anymore!" is my favorite single moment from this show.

10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

But as they talked about tonight She was also abusive toward Jasper, using her to take out her anger, making someone else a victim in her life. It was a complex destructive relationship on both sides.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  11. cwhit

and she's shown up for how much of the show? maybe 2 hours of screen time at most? an hour?

12. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah, if that. But I can't take my eyes off her when she's on, and like @incognitojones said above her storyline is was of the most complex ones, detailing her role as both the abused and abuser. Not to mention her and Peridots relationship.

13. CoffeeEyes17

Ruby and Saphires relationship is my relationship goals.

14. vlcsnap-00001.jpg

I want to remember that Pearl's face here was once my avatar.

15. Mr. Greg and Alone at Sea were so good. If this keeps up, this season may end up being the one to finally convince me that this show is better than Adventure Time. It's already hitting the same heights that took Adventure Time twice as many seasons to reach.

16. cwhit

something big is happening

17. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Great episode I am so hyped I am not looking at anymore spoilers

Jasper is a way better villain for this season than Peridot was. Actually scared about what might happen next.

18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I didn't think this show could get any better, but nope. That was a pinnacle of everything they have been building towards.

19. cwhit

Poor Amythyst
    Based on the episode title for tomorrow's....

20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

These last couple episodes have been intense

21. Almost caught up. Had no idea I'd missed this many episodes just in the past couple weeks:anguish:

incognitojones likes this.
  22. DeviantRogue

Bismuth 8/4/16-8/4/16

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Love that Uzo Aduba voiced her.

24. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Loved the whole feel of that, really felt like a special

25. Okay, fine, Steven Universe is better that Adventure Time.

Friggin Bismuth episode.

cwhit and incognitojones like this.