Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Steven Universe (Cartoon Network) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Only getting into the good stuff

2. Just watched the last 2 eps, though I guess the most recent one hasn't officially aired in the US yet? Lapis killing it as usual.
    bob.jpg
    [​IMG]

3. Earl and Bob both killed me.

4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I love Lapis hanging out and being the sarcastic teen character

5. cwhit Jul 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2016)
    cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm on the fourth episode, when is this supposed to become the greatest thing ever? And should I skip to anywhere?

7. Whoa there. One, get your expectations in check. Steven Universe isn't the greatest thing ever. Adventure Time is. But Steven Universe is pretty damn close. Two, don't skip anything. Even the little episodes have some character development for the side characters. Three, you're in luck, because SU is only two complete seasons and a handful of episodes so far, and it gets good pretty early. If we were talking about AT (again, the greatest thing ever), I'd say you'd have to trudge through four seasons to get to the really, really good stuff. The pivotal moment of SU for me was easily S01E25 (and 26), but there's definitely stuff even earlier that'll start to hook you. AT and SU both have such amazing worlds filled with mindblowing lore, but it gets revealed bit by bit, so be patient with them. You'll grow to love the characters eventually, I guarantee it. Each episode is like ten minutes, suck it up. Have fun!

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Well thanks man. I didn't really think it was the best show on TV or anything, just kinda going off on what others are saying. Anyway, I've been enjoying myself so far and I can't wait to see what everyone else has about SU.

9. Yeah, I was just joking, I know what you mean. I thought it was overhyped too before I got into it. It really is a great show, though. I'm excited for you!

10. cwhit

SU is more consistently emotional and has better small character moments imo
    I'm fully in the camp that SU is a better show mostly because it rarely has clunkers while I think AT is hit or miss at times

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

SU > AT

New trailer out hints that there may be a new episode every week night for a couple weeks.

12. cwhit

"the answer" was nominated for an emmy

13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Perfect choice

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Alongside SpongeBob and the PPG reboot...

Anyway, I'm all caught up now

15. omg that Zoolander reference.

16. cwhit

enjoyable first two episodes back. feels like it's another bomb though, ugh.
    steven's dad getting money...going to be interesting if that makes any significant changes

17. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

pearl's song about moving on from this latest episode has me: :verysad::verysad::verysad: this show is perfect.

incognitojones likes this.
  18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Musical episode definitely lived up to expectations

19. cwhit

well i didn't expect to cry right before bed tonight...

20. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Forget this show being the best cartoon on TV, I think it's the best thing period.

incognitojones likes this.
  21. cwhit

my OP still holds up after four months

matthaber and DeviantRogue like this.
  22. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

I need a blu-ray of this show and a vinyl release of the soundtrack, someone make it happen.

23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

24. Ouch, those last few minutes. I was surprised by how much I could relate to Peridot a bit there.

25. Oh my word what an episode Mr Greg was. It's Over might be the best Sugar song period and what a fucking performance from Deedee