Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Steve Winwood Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Mar 19, 2018.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

[​IMG]

Stephen Lawrence Winwood (born 12 May 1948) is an English musician whose genres include rock, blue-eyed soul, rhythm and blues, blues rock, pop rock, and jazz. Though primarily a vocalist and keyboardist, Winwood also plays bass guitar, drums, acoustic and electric guitar, mandolin, violin, and other strings.

Winwood was a key member of The Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, Blind Faith and Go. He also had a successful solo career with hits including "While You See a Chance", "Valerie", "Back in the High Life Again" and two US Billboard Hot 100 number ones: "Higher Love" and "Roll with It". He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Traffic in 2004.

2. cshadows2887

Been listening to Roll with It a bunch the last few days. It's not quite the peak that Back in the High Life is, but man could he SING an 80s song.

3. cshadows2887

@Wharf Rat are you a Traffic fan? I know their reputation is jazzy/jammy

4. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

This is about all I know:

my dad likes them. I should check them out

5. cshadows2887

I realized they were a pretty big blind spot for me recently while I was jamming some of his solo stuff.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  6. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

love traffic but i’m pretty unfamiliar with winwood’s solo stuff.

blind faith deserves mention too

7. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

great tune