Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 73

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Hill writes at King's level. N0S4A2 and the Fireman are worthy of King at his best. I can't wait for another novel from him. And yeah, all his comic work is fantastic.

As far as Owen I've only read Sleeping Beauties which was good, but not a favorite.

2. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I can’t believe a streamer hasn’t adapted Heart Shape Box for a halloween release.

3. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I saw that Bill Camp is in it which is awesome. He was great in The Outsider.

4. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

With all the delays, I except Salems Lot to get dumped to a streamer this October

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Finished Joyland and liked it a lot!

6. John Lopiano

I’m almost done with The Waste Lands. Man, what a ride this has been so far, haha.

7. John Lopiano

Just finished Waste Lands. These books are so perfectly paced. King is so great at the mix of exposition and action. He just has the best feel for what we need to know vs. what will entertain us and how to mix the two. I’m gonna start Wizard and Glass tomorrow. After that is where I’m going to stop and do Salem’s Lot like I planned.

thedrudo, Donnie Ruth and Vivatoto like this.
  8. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

W&G is my personal favorite from the series. Some people dislike it due to the obvious reason, but I love it so much.

9. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Forgot Joyland is in development but it's at FreeForm which doesn't give me much hope.

10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I also agree

11. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I just started book 7, but I’m kinda surprised how easily adaptable the first handful of books are. I always figured it was unadaptable before I started reading, but it seems like it could be pretty close to 1:1.

It could also really follow the Films + Miniseries format too.

12. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

weirdly specific but I hope whatever good adaptation gets made has Bob Dylan's Ain't Talkin in it. that song screams Roland to me

13. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if they’d approach W&G differently in a show format? Just randomly mid show doing a flashback season. I wonder how the non-reading audience would react lol - I’d love it!

14. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Started Billy Summers recently. I’m not sure why, but I thought it would be a “lighter” more action centric book, but the writings/flashback chapters are really depressing and severely bumming me out.

15. John Lopiano

I’ve been trying to fill out my collection and I found these four on eBay for $12. Great deal and they’re in great shape. I usually buy paperbacks of everything for reading and hardcovers to collect on my bookshelf.

Attached Files:

16. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I am about 300 pages into Insomnia. As expected, it is definitely a real slow burn but some things have started to pick up.

I do enjoy it so far!

chewbacca110 likes this.
  17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Was in B&N today in the horror section just browsing and next to me were 2 young twenty somethings who I could tell wanted to start reading Stephen King but didn’t know where to start (and could tell they weren’t big readers).

They had an article up and it led to them holding the Stand but were obviously intimidated by the size. I chimed in and helped and after they said: “I just wanted something creepy” I recommended Pet Semetary and they took my opinion and bought it immediately!

18. John Lopiano

I’m not sure if you guys have listened but I’ve been digging The Kingcast. It’s a King podcast hosted by Fangoria where the hosts invite a different celebrity/author on to talk about a specific King work that they love. I recently listened to the episodes with Stephen Graham Jones talking about The Outsider and Bill Hader talking about Salem’s Lot.

Daniel and chewbacca110 like this.
  19. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I've listened to a few, loved the Paul Rust episode.

20. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

On to re-reading ‘Salem’s Lot. Been a very long time but I’m gradually remembering more as it goes. About 200 pages in.

Hoping to wrap it up and get some news about WB releasing the remake on Max in September/October.

chewbacca110 and Night Channels like this.
  21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Beginning Christine for the first time!

Put it off for a while only because the copy I own is pretty tattered on the dust jacket, but I am moving past that. Really just needed an easy King book to get me out of a reading slump.

22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

John Lopiano, thedrudo and Daniel like this.
  23. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

About 140 pages into Needful Things after finishing ‘Salem’s Lot. Then onto Holly!

Watched the 2004 TNT version of ‘Salem’s tonight. Kind of won me over in the home stretch but so many of the changes were stupid. It just reeks of that early 2000’s filmmaking style too which was a turnoff.

Overall- pretty mediocre and a step down from Hooper’s IMO.

Night Channels and Penlab like this.
  24. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Is this available to watch somewhere?

thedrudo likes this.
  25. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Not that I could find. Rented it on Prime for like $4.