Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 66

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Wow, Gwendy's Final Task was spectacular. I liked the first book, and the second was enjoyable enough but it was missing King, but this one was on a whole new level. Crazy bunch of Dark Tower and Derry lore as well. Also a tear jerker, which King has been really fond of recently.

Deanna likes this.
  2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Also ended up liking it a lot! Good conclusion to the story.

Vivatoto likes this.
  3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I own the first one but haven’t read it yet. May need to get around and read all 3!

I will say I’ve only read 1 book from Richard Chizmar, but it was Chasing the Boogeyman and that was very good!

Night Channels likes this.
  4. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I didn’t read the second Gwendy because of no king involvement…worth it??

5. Vivatoto

So that you can read 3 with King, yes

6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

7. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Just reread gwendys button box and now gonna dive into the next two books. Hopefully the Chizmar solo one isn't too tough to get through.

8. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I just finished book 2, only took 2 days was a really quick read. I enjoyed it although maybe felt low stakes? Looking forward to book 3.

Vivatoto likes this.
  9. Vivatoto

Suffice it to say the stakes are raised for book 3.

Deanna and Fletchaaa like this.
  10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I need to read Firestarter before the movie comes out

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Wait…is he confirming they’re the same entity? I thought that was a fan theory.

13. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I hope he's not because I feel like that's a really dumb idea.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I think he's joking haha

15. Vivatoto

I assume he's having a laugh. Certain things don't add up. For one I don't think Flagg comes from the Prim. I think he stays within the bounds of the Tower.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

My spring break starts tomorrow. Maybe I’ll start It.

17. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Just getting into King, but have been on a tear recently. Within the last couple months read Pet Sematary, The Shining, and about to finish It. Before that I had only read The Body a couple years ago.

Also been really into the 90s made for TV movies/miniseries. Watched The Shining, Sometimes They Come Back, and just started The Stand from '94.

Probably going to read something in between so I don't burn out, but thinking of Salem's Lot after that.

18. chewbacca110

Welcome! The best thing about his work is it is incredibly readable. This thread is full of fans so feel free to ask our opinions!

I am currently reading The Dead Zone. About halfway through and really enjoying it. There's an overall sense of sadness throughout it and I am into it.

Transient_Hymn and Daniel like this.
  19. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

The Stand is one of my all time favorite books so if you ask me you shouldn't spoil anything by watching the miniseries but hey, just my opinion. The Dark Tower series is a must read, also love 11/22/63 and Under the Dome.

Daniel likes this.
  20. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Needful Things and the Institute are up there for some of my “underrated” favorites.

I am itching to read another King novel, but can’t decide what I want to read next. I’m thinking Firestarter because I’ve seen so many commercials on Peacock for it.

Fletchaaa likes this.
  21. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Dead Zone low key is top tier king for me.
    Was so surprised because the story on the surface is kinda simple in comparison to the stand and dark tower which are my favorite.

chewbacca110 and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  22. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Just finished It and think it's in my top 3 books of all time. I read it faster than most books 1/3 it's size. Definitely going to be something I revisit often throughout my life.

23. TomG

Trusted Supporter

It really moves surprisingly fast for how long it is.

Daniel likes this.
  24. chewbacca110

You aren't kidding! Johnny Smith's story sort of seems to play out in chunks, which I think helps add to the quick pace.

25. TedSchmosby

Trusted

IT is an absolute marvel of storytelling. It’s insane that it might not even be my favourite Stephen King piece. Any author would be lucky to write one book of that caliber and he’s written multiple!

Vivatoto likes this.