Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 63

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. TomG

Trusted Supporter

The Fireman
    Nos4a2
    Horns
    Heart Shaped Box

I know this is a Stephen King thread but any word on whether Joe is working on anything new? It’s been a few years since the Fireman and even the short stories collection

Vivatoto and Donnie Ruth like this.
  2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Finished up The Wind Through the Keyhole last night and that concludes my Dark Tower reading. Such a great series.

Next couple of books are Joyland and Doctor Sleep. Excited for those!

I did get my copy of Later, but I’m just going to hold off until I need to read it for the podcast.

thedrudo and Vivatoto like this.
  3. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I haven’t heard anything about a new novel but the dude is dropping great comics like crazy, Plunge, Dying is Easy, Basketful of Heads, and a few Locke and Key stories to name a few.

Colby Searcy and Night Channels like this.
  4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

5. Vivatoto

Looks good. Now whenever a remake of a remake of one of stephen kings stories come out I can't fall back on "Well nobody's make Lisey's Story yet!!!"....Hmm I guess I'll replace it with Duma Key or Rose Madder.

6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I need to read that book soon! It’s been sitting in my shelf

Vivatoto likes this.
  7. Vivatoto

I forgot it was his favorite book. Think I've heard that before.

8. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I’m interested to see how this one turns out. I feel like this would have made for a solid movie. Tv series might be too long for the content!

Vivatoto likes this.
  9. Vivatoto

Pretty sure, hopefully, it's just a limited series. I agree that a movie would have been the ideal option. Also always saw it as a mini series like Rose Red or Storm of the Century were...I guess a limited series is roughly today's equivalent.

TomG likes this.
  10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Watched the first episode tonight. anyone else start it?

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

xapplexpiex likes this.
  12. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

wonder how much of that they'll get filmed before he quits?

blast0rama and thedrudo like this.
  13. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I watched both episodes! I think it’s fine so far but I’m worried about the pacing.

thedrudo likes this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

lisey's story was much much worse than I expected

15. Night Channels

Trusted

it really was

16. Vivatoto

17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Haven’t read any Stephen King since January so I decided to choose my next one off my shelf. Due to the heatwave as well as myself taking the week off to spend at the beach ... I chose Duma Key.

I feel like this is a very under the radar one which you don’t hear much about. Very excited to begin!

thedrudo and Vivatoto like this.
  18. Vivatoto

It's excellent! And definitely the perfect setting for reading it!

Ryan G and Donnie Ruth like this.
  19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I'm about 250 pages in on Sleeping Beauties and I'm not sure how much I'm liking it so far. But the good news is, I'll only have 5 books left to read once I finish this. I was hoping to get them all read before Billy Summers comes out, but that's looking unlikely. I'll be close though! I'm glad Elevation and Later are short though, that's for sure.

20. Vivatoto

I think Duma Key was the last book I read when going through his bibliography.

Donnie Ruth and Deanna like this.
  21. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

John Slattery does the audiobook which is nice. I like the book but it’s llloooonnnggggggggg

22. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I'm getting there!

Just have these left - The Tommyknockers, Insomnia, Black House, Sleeping Beauties, Billy Summers, and then I guess Hearts in Suspension which seems impossible to find

Vivatoto likes this.
  23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I actually don't have that last one. I'll be tackling his non-fiction stuff once I finish with the novels. But it looks like you can buy it directly from the University of Maine: HEARTS IN SUSPENSION

Ryan G likes this.
  24. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Didn't end up caring for Sleeping Beauties all that much, unfortunately. But I'm enjoying The Outsider way more so far. Once I finish that one up, I'll have 3 in a row that'll be re-reads for me and then Later and Billy Summers when that one's out.

Ryan G and Donnie Ruth like this.
  25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The Outsider is interesting for me. First half of the book was outstanding. Second half lost momentum. I hope you end up enjoying it all!