Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 61

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Watched the first episode the other day. Really wish hbo would have done it. It's alright but definitely has that cbs drama feel to it, with some swear words thrown in just to say hey look this is our edgier platform. I'll keep watching but wasn't blown away by it. On the flip side, at least it wasn't as bad as the dark tower movie.

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Since I am apparently incapable of relaxing, I started a YouTube channel last year and I've done a few King-related videos. Here's the one from today if anyone wants to check it out (bonus points if you sub to the channel)!

But on a reading update note: I'm making my way through Just After Sunset and then I'll be diving into Under the Dome. Have not figured out how I will comfortably read the Dome hardcover though unless I only read it at my desk because it's a very large book.

xapplexpiex and chewbacca110 like this.
  3. I read the huge hardcovers of that and The Stand. For me it was split between sitting at desks/tables and curled up on a couch with the book resting on my legs. However I have horrible posture so your mileage may vary.

Deanna likes this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I'm sure my posture is terrible haha. Thankfully I have the paperback for The Stand, but I also had the edited version when I did the podcast episode on it so it was about 300-400 pages shorter I want to say than the uncut one.

5. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

My old high school English teacher just lended me a copy of the Bachman Books so I can read Rage! Very excited!

6. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

[​IMG]
    Billy Summers is a man in a room with a gun. He’s a killer for hire and the best in the business. But he’ll do the job only if the target is a truly bad guy. And now Billy wants out. But first there is one last hit. Billy is among the best snipers in the world, a decorated Iraq war vet, a Houdini when it comes to vanishing after the job is done. So what could possibly go wrong?

How about everything.

This spectacular can’t-put-it-down novel is part war story, part love letter to small town America and the people who live there, and it features one of the most compelling and surprising duos in King fiction, who set out to avenge the crimes of an extraordinarily evil man. It’s about love, luck, fate, and a complex hero with one last shot at redemption.

You won’t put this story down, and you won’t forget Billy.

August 3rd

TomG, Ryan G, Colby Searcy and 3 others like this.
  7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m going to attempt something stupid that I will almost certainly never finish.

E9352590-6C63-4F60-B0F0-795F4189EBE3.jpeg

8. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I started 20 years ago and still haven’t finished that yet haha

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I left a bunch of empty boxes cause I’m sure I’ll need ‘em.

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Welcome to my life :crylaugh:

I started in 2018 and with 1-2 exceptions have read everything through Under the Dome, which I’ll be finishing in a few days.

chewbacca110, Vivatoto and TJ Wells like this.
  11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I think this is the year I read The Dark Tower series for the first time. I just cracked If It Bleeds this week.

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I decided I want to collect each book as I read it, couldn’t pass up on these three for $25.
    DAC82D1A-B68F-4E02-9908-CCBE7610BB9B.jpeg

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Alright I read Carrie in one day so, at this pace, I’ll be finished sometime in April...right? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

coleslawed, Ryan G and Night Channels like this.
  14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit the ending of Carrie is so much more fucked up than the movie.

Deanna and chewbacca110 like this.
  15. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Finally finishing up Ready Player Two (bleh) and I have a few King audiobooks lined up.

- Christine
    - Dark Tower 3 & 4
    - Bag of Bones
    - Carrie

...and then Herbrt's 'Dune'.

16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Something I feel like I don't see mentioned enough is how well/often he writes the deaths of characters from their point of view. Hey, this character is about to die? Cool, here's how they're feeling as it happens, enjoy your existential crisis.

coleslawed, chewbacca110 and Vivatoto like this.
  17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Bag of bones was the book that got me into SK. Haven’t read it since I was like 14. Curious to see how it hits me now.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The only two things I’ve decided to skip are “The Jaunt” (because the first time I read it I literally had nightmares for months) and Rage (because King clearly wants it to be forgotten and tbh I really don’t feel like reading a book about a school shooting).

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Oh shit I didn’t realize Pablo Larrain was doing Lisey’s Story.

20. Vivatoto

ha, yeah the Jaunt is terrifying. Really stuck with me too. Up there with The Raft, Autopsy Room Four, and A Very Tight Place.

21. thedrudo Feb 19, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2021)
    thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Woah. Edgar Wright is adapting The Running Man.

22. Vivatoto

That's Incredible news about Wright. Sounds like it was a dream project for him. I never bothered with the Arnold movie.

Now that Lisey's Story is getting made I'm changing my Stephen King book that still needs to be adapted to The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon. In my opinion the scariest book he has written. Flanagan would kill it. He can always get the best out of young actors.

thedrudo likes this.
  23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I never realized until just now how many similarities Salem's Lot and The Outsider share.

24. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Currently reading 11/22/63 and watching Under the Dome. Absolutely loving 11/22/63. Unsure how I feel about the many changes Under the Dome has made, but I still have a whole season of it left.

I also watched Cell and Bag of Bones. It’s been a very busy King weekend for me. Cell was... not great to say the least. I enjoyed Bag of Bones a bit more.

25. jdr2187

jdr2187

I loved reading Under The Dome and hated watching it.

Dave Diddy, Deanna and Vivatoto like this.