Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 60

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Imaginary Friend is extraordinary

Ryan G likes this.
  2. zachmacD

Trusted

the book is incredible. I personally didn’t like the first IT movie because they left out so much character development. Without the context of the book, you have no idea how evil the town of Derry really is.

I know a lot of people didn’t like the second movie, but again, I think the context of the book really helped. I actually liked the 2nd movie more than the 1st and I am dying to see the It super cut if that ever happens

long story long, the book is a must for anyone interested in horror, monster movies, or coming of age stories. It really has everything as someone else mentioned

Night Channels and xapplexpiex like this.
  3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

chewbacca110 and Night Channels like this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

King-adjacent, but I’m reading Joe Hill’s NOS4A2 and it’s great so far.

5. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I’ve heard mixed things but the plot sounds right up my ally as a huge king fan. Does it drag at all?

Ryan G likes this.
  6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

It reads honestly so quick but I will say before you get to the very end there’s a period where I felt it dragged a bit. But I would say it was at most 50-80 pages I felt that. This was probably my 2nd favorite book of 2019 (behind The Institute).

Ryan G likes this.
  7. Vivatoto

Not at all.

Ryan G likes this.
  8. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I've been bad at posting updates on my progress here. Took a few days off from editing podcasts and read Wolves of the Calla. Moved on to Song of Susannah today. I also dropped a video with my preferred Dark Tower reading order that would've made way more sense had I not opted to go in chronological order for the podcast.

Ryan G and Vivatoto like this.
  9. Vivatoto

[​IMG]
    The son of a struggling single mother, Jamie Conklin just wants an ordinary childhood. But Jamie is no ordinary child. Born with an unnatural ability his mom urges him to keep secret, Jamie can see what no one else can see and learn what no one else can learn. But the cost of using this ability is higher than Jamie can imagine—as he discovers when an NYPD detective draws him into the pursuit of a killer who has threatened to strike from beyond the grave.

LATER is Stephen King at his finest, a terrifying and touching story of innocence lost and the trials that test our sense of right and wrong. With echoes of King’s classic novel It, LATER is a powerful, haunting, unforgettable exploration of what it takes to stand up to evil in all the faces it wears.

March 2021
    StephenKing.com - Later

Deanna, Donnie Ruth and Ryan G like this.
  10. Donnie Ruth Sep 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 3, 2020)
    Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Hell yes! Any info on page count? Selfishly hoping for a 500+ lol

Update: looking on amazon gonna be around 256 pages. Still so in!

11. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I loved Joyland that he did for HCC so excited for this

12. zachmacD

Trusted

Just finished the Outsider on HBO. That was...fine? Overall I enjoyed it but I thought the first couple episodes set it up to be a lot more interesting

13. Vivatoto

Outsider could get in the ring with HBO's best shows.

Ryan G likes this.
  14. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I'm about 60% of the way through The Institute. I don't usually do audiobooks, but I have been driving a lot for work recently so I thought it would be a good idea. I'm really enjoying it.

Donnie Ruth and Ryan G like this.
  15. Night Channels

Trusted

Vivatoto likes this.
  16. chewbacca110

I spy the Overlook carpet. Looks rad!

17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

My fiancée bought me a very good hardcover copy of the Dead Zone, which has been high on my list to read for a while. Just began it tonight!

Feels good to dive back into a Stephen King book. I took a break since finishing Bag of Bones in July.

18. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I really liked dead zone. Surprised me cuz the premise always felt a little hokey. it was anything but.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  19. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I read that earlier this year. Good book! Just finished the dark half, next up is Needful Things to round out my time in castle rock.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  20. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Anyone watching the Stand? It’s okay for a CBS show I guess. Don’t understand the decision to show like three different timelines every episode

21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I think Needful Things is my favorite one I’ve read yet!

22. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

That one is pretty high up on my list. I was just thinking about diving into another King book, so maybe this'll be the one!

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  23. Vivatoto

Dead Zone is a stone cold classic. One of the first King I always recommend.

24. chewbacca110

I was gifted If It Bleeds for Christmas. It's been about a year since I read some King (The Institute), so I am excited to come back.

25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’m like 130 pages into the Dead Zone and in the depths of my memory I am recalling a South Park episode which was def based on this lol