Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 58

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Excluding the Holly one I think I'd rank it Rat, Mr Harrigan's Phone, and then The Life of Chuck in favorite to least favorite.

2. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Ryan G, Deanna and xapplexpiex like this.
  3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Began Needful Things last night. I don't know why I keep reading back to back to back to back 700+ page books but here I am.

I was really craving a small town Castle Rock story!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Read it last year - its great! The movie is very much NOT.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I might die when the DT 5-7 stretch comes up for me. Thankfully reading The Storm of the Century screenplay now and then have The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon after that. So it's a nice little stretch of short books finally.

Hope you enjoy Needful Things! I thought it was quite good (and a fun return to Castle Rock).

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Thanks! I realized out of the like 28 King books I've read so far, this might be my first which takes places IN Castle Rock. (I started the Dark Half a year or 2 ago but never finished ... I'll re-visit it).

But hey at least Songs of Susannah is only a quick 432 pages lol! The only problem with it being short(er) is it also is my least favorite TDT book. I did not like what he did with it, but thankfully it didn't ruin the final book for me.

8. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, the hardcover looked like it was way longer than that, so that actually makes me happy haha. Of what I have left though, I believe Under the Dome and 11/22/63 are the longest reads by far. I'm actually starting to get a little worn down by it, but I'm determined to get through the next year and a half or so. Then I'll be pretty close to caught up with the current day stuff. Even though there's always more coming, at least it might be at a slower rate for the podcast.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  9. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

11/22/63 deserves all of its pages. UTD, not so much. That probably could have lost at least 1/4

10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

11.22.63 is genuinely a perfect book and one of his best

11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I am SO SO mad I watched the Hulu series on 11.22.63 before reading the book. I am waiting a while to read that book just so I can get my memory of the series to go away.

12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I watched the Hulu show first, too. I remember liking it enough, but I expect to like the book even more. (At the time I don't think I knew about how problematic Franco is.) It was also before I even started the podcast so now I'm mostly playing catch up. Although I also went to see Doctor Sleep before reading the book and same with watching The Outsider. Oops.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  13. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Just picked up Needful Things too, I keep putting off the dark tower series lol

14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Finished Needful Things and I am not afraid to say this was easily one my favorite King books. I purposely slowed down the speed I was reading it so I didn’t finish too quickly lol.

Vivatoto, Deanna and chewbacca110 like this.
  15. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  16. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I wish it happened. Ugh.

17. GBlades

Trusted

Had no idea it didn't get picked up, that's actually pretty gutting. I was looking forward to it.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Rowan5215

yeah I didn't even know that damn. sounds like he actually knew how to adapt it properly too

19. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I was looking forward to the movie but it got bad reviews so I never bothered

20. Rowan5215

literally one of the worst movies I've ever seen

21. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I feel like they had a good cast too it's a shame

22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

23. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Just finished The Outsider. Loved it.

24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I eventually wanna own every Stephen King book in hardcover, so I ordered the Shining online and they sent me one with the original cover which I’ve never seen before!

9EAFD150-28F6-476A-9BA5-5D62345EB7FB.jpeg

25. TomG

Trusted Supporter

eBay is great! I got a ton of king hardbacks for pretty cheap! Some cool older versions like that too!

Donnie Ruth likes this.