Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I only read Mr. Mercedes at the time when reading The Outsider because I had no idea. Went back and read the other two after and it was still fine, but I do wish I read those 3 before The Outsider.

Colby Searcy and BackyardHero11 like this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Does anybody else watch Mr. Mercedes?

3. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I wish they'd put that on iTunes or something. They released it on DVD but not Blu...

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

First season finally got a Blu-ray release actually. Didn't see one for S2 yet though. It took them forever.

thedrudo likes this.
  5. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Woah, okay. Must get that then.

Deanna likes this.
  6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’m like 300 pages into The Institute and absolutely loving this book.

Ryan Gardner and Vivatoto like this.
  7. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Finished The Institute on the flight home last night. Really enjoyed it all. Little mix of Firestarter, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest and Stranger Things.

8. DickyCullz

Every time I read SK, I always want to try my hand at writing a story of mine own.

thedrudo and Donnie Ruth like this.
  9. Colby Searcy

I'm about 80 pages in so far. Hopefully I'll work my way through it more this coming week

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

11. Colby Searcy

I was thinking we were getting a full length novel with Holly :(

12. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Have you read On Writing by him? Makes me really want to write a book but I second guess any cool idea I have

13. DickyCullz

oh for sure, fantastic book

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My lady surprised me with The Institute! I need to finish A Confederacy Of Dunces first before I dig into child kidnapping.

15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m doing some research and have a question for y’all. Would I be fine reading Insomnia before The Dark Tower? From what I’ve heard, there are a lot of references.

16. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

You wouldn't be lost or anything, and actually it's most important tie is almost a prequel to later events in the Dark Tower, so it wouldn't mean much at the time but if you read the Dark Tower eventually it would be good information to have. There's some easter eggs you would miss, but otherwise I think you'd be fine.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but I feel like Black House is the only one I would recommend not reading if you haven't read Dark Tower.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  17. Syre Dream

Regular

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Finished Needful Things earlier today. More than likely starting Gerald's Game tomorrow. Feels weird to consider a 400+ page book "short," but after NF, it definitely is.

20. Colby Searcy

I have 60 pages of The Institute left and hope you finish tomorrow. It's only a week late at the library and I've been reading it for about a month

thedrudo likes this.
  21. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Finished the Institute. It’s decent but kind of middle of the road in his catalog for me. It didn’t feel like much happened for the length. That being said, middle of the road in his catalog is still pretty darn good.

thedrudo and Colby Searcy like this.
  22. Colby Searcy

I finally finished The Institute geez. It wasn't bad just fairly long and a bit tedious.

23. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Haven't started The Institute yet.

I still have The Talisman in Audible. Might do that one first.

24. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I'm really interested to see what moviegoers who haven't read Doctor Sleep think of the adaptation.

I liked it but think somehow it might play a bit better for fans of Kubrick's Shining.

25. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I barely remember anything about Doctor Sleep which I think it may play to my benefit when I see it. I only remember the Danny as an adult alcoholic hitting super hard.