Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 50

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I randomly picked up Dolores Claiborne the other day cos it was really cheap, only a bit through but this book is fucking amazing. I'm surprised it's not mentioned more in "new King" rankings!

Vivatoto likes this.
  2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Put together a Twitter thread of Stephen King movie deals for Prime Day. Three technically starts with the second tweet since I didn't create the topic for the first one. I hate not being able to edit tweets lol.

3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Gnarly Charlie, thedrudo and Vivatoto like this.
  4. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I just read Joe Hill's graphic novel for the Wraith and it's just as incredible as his novels. Fans of N0S4A2 must read. Hill describes it as Con Air in Christmasland.

thedrudo and Deanna like this.
  5. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Just started Hearts in Atlantis! This one has been on my shelf for a few years (along with many others) but I was in the mood to begin it.

Colby Searcy and Vivatoto like this.
  6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m about 200 pages into The Stand. It’s huge and very detailed, but keeps me entertained. My goal is to finish it before the movie is released

Vivatoto likes this.
  7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Do you have the 800 page one or the 1200 one?

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

1439. The cover says complete and uncut.

9. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Gotcha! That's the one I was referring to with the 1200, I think various editions have different page numbers. I only read the 800ish page one which is apparently harder to find now. Made me feel like I missed so much so I had to buy the other one, even though I'll have to wait until I'm done with my King podcast before I tackle that.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  10. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

There's also a really good, super faithful, 6 book comic series that's well worth reading too if you're in an adaptation mood after finishing it.

coleslawed and xapplexpiex like this.
  11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The first “novella” of Hearts in Atlantis is just fucking great. I could have read 1000 pages of Bobby Garfield and how the events in that story shaped his life.

Having already ready the Dark Tower, I heavily enjoyed the connection.

Nyquist likes this.
  12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

finishing a book on Audible today and then I shall begin IT so that I've read it before the new movie. Going to do a rewatch of the first before hand and want to be able to notice things pulled/changed from the book. should be a solid listen after waking up every hour last night from an ongoing nightmare haha

13. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I listened to it recently and it was extremely daunting but good. Took me an entire week work listening at 1.5x speed

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  14. dlemert

Trusted

Yeah I started the IT audiobook a couple weeks ago and am only about 10% of the way through. It's massive, but it's some of King's best writing.

15. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

IT took me sooooooo long. I read the first 6-700 pages in a 3-4 week span, but then the college semester really kicked in and I didn't get back around to it for a year or so.

16. BackyardHero11

Trusted

then this was a good day to start. I listen at normal speed so i'll have plenty of time to fit it in before the new film release. I'm excited.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Nice little mail day for me. I’ll be starting this after I make my way through the rest of Four Past Midnight.

18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Such a cool cover. Very excited for it!

Colby Searcy and Deanna like this.
  19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I really love the cover. I should be starting it next week if all goes as planned.

Colby Searcy and Donnie Ruth like this.
  20. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Very jealous, looks beautiful

Deanna likes this.
  21. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Does it give credit for the cover artist? It feels comic book-y to me

22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

A lot of Shutterstock credit hah. image.jpg

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Hearts in Atlantis was fantastic. Fucking loved how he wrote these stories and how they all intertwined. The dark tower tie in was also cool!

coleslawed, thedrudo and Nyquist like this.
  24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

just finished IT. wow, definitely an epic. don't think i really need to address that terrible scene though, can't imagine there's alternate takes other than that was so unnecessary haha. but overall was pretty spectacular. going to revisit the mini series and the first movie soon, come onnn Chapter 2!

Donnie Ruth and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  25. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

king seems like a great guy. But...what awful cocaine, cough syrup , cat piss cocktail do you have to be on to write an orgy of 10 year olds

Donnie Ruth likes this.