Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Night Channels

Trusted

Jaeden Lieberher from Midnight Special will play Bill Denbrough

2. I'm reading The Dark Tower for the first time, and I'm currently on Wizard and Glass. Is it necessary (or even recommended) to read The Wind Through the Keyhole next? Or should I wait until later for that one since it was published after the rest of the series?

3. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

King has said it's technically The Dark Tower 4.5 so if he labeled it as such I'm assuming he believes people should read it between #4 and 5. I just finished the series not too long ago and that's where I placed it in my reading. However, that being said, I don't believe it's NECESSARY to read it after Wizard and Glass.

4. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

I finished 11/22/63 this morning and I loved it. I had only read the first Gunslinger before this but I really have to read more of his stuff.

5. Night Channels

Trusted

Read It

6. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Picked up End of Watch. Starting soon.

Dave Diddy likes this.
  7. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

Didn't know this thread existed. I just finished "'Salem's Lot" the other day. Read "The Shining" right before that and "Night Shift" before that. Was on a bit of a Stephen King kick. Before those three books, the only thing i have read by him was "IT."

I'd love some recommendations if anyone is willing to shoot some my way.

8. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

The Dark Tower series and The Stand would be the first 2 I'd recommend

Night Channels likes this.
  9. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

I was thinking about starting The Dark Tower series. I'll add that and The Stand to my reading list.

Thanks!

wakaflockajamez likes this.
  10. Vivatoto

That's a really good start. DT and the Stand are both masterpieces. I always rec Dead Zone and Cujo to newer King readers.

teenagemustache likes this.
  11. mirrorsandfevers

what is the vibe?

I finished reading Pet Sematary about a month ago. Wow.

Vivatoto likes this.
  12. jdr2187

jdr2187

Just finished Mr mercedes, excited to move on to finders keepers.

Vivatoto likes this.
  13. Vivatoto

About halfway through End of Watch and it's fucking awesome. Couldn't put it down last night. I hate the phrase "page-turner" but this is making me understand it.

14. Vivatoto

So I loved Mr Mercedes and Finders Keepers, I gave both of them 5/5 on Goodreads, but End of Watch blows them out of the water. Such a great ending that calls back to a lot of threads left from the first 2 books. Villainy at its best. I actually found this book quite terrifying, which might not surprise you if you know the ending of Finder's Keepers, because they go all in with that shit.

skurt likes this.
  15. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

Adding Dead Zone and Cujo to the must read list. Thanks!

16. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I still need to read Finders Keepers. I'll have to read that soon then End of Watch.

Deanna likes this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Reading my first King book right now. On Writing haha. I absolutely love it.

18. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Anyone read "The Fireman" by his son Joe Hill that came out like 2 weeks ago? Really great novel and writer.
    Picking up End of Watch tomorrow can't wait to dig into it.

Night Channels likes this.
  19. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Your comment got my even more hyped to read it.

20. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Just finished Under the Dome today. That's the last of the King books I own, so I think I'm going to move on to a different author for a while. I'm going to the library tomorrow though, so maybe something by him will catch my eye.

21. Night Channels

Trusted

I'm about to finish it up. So good.

Vivatoto and skurt like this.
  22. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Finished Joyland earlier. It was pretty good, but nowhere near 11/22/63 for me.

23. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Joyland was a fun read for me. I went to the library around four and sat down in one of those big chairs to read it. I was thirty pages from the end when the library announced they were closing, and since I don't have a library card, I had to go back to the next day to finish it. It was raining when I left the library that first night, and I remember thinking how much cooler my walk home would have been had the library not book-blocked me.

24. Vivatoto

You will love. Finders Keepers is wonderful though of End of Watch feels more like a direct sequel to Mr Mercedes. He wraps it all together like a boss, which I have to say I wasn't really expecting. At this point I'd say every single one of his sequels (Black House, Doctor Sleep, Final DT) do a great job of feeling deserved and tying everything up from book one, so I should be more prepared to be wowed by now.

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  25. Vivatoto

Yeah there's a couple people reading it here, pretty sure they are all loving it. I've finished it and it's my favorite book since Revelation. It just blows me away how amazing Joe has been right out of the gate. N0S4A2 and Fireman both could stand with King's best. So many moments, specifically the final boat ride,have been haunting me since I've read it.