Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 46

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It's a great book. It was actually one of my first King books so I couldn't tell you how the writing differed with Straub

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I’ve read one or two of his books before. Definitely have my work cut out for me with this one though. I’ve been lagging a little on my reading for the podcast so I’m hoping to have this one done sometime next week.

3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Took a few months of from King, but now diving into the Green Mile. I've never seen the movie so I'm excited!

Gnarly Charlie and chewbacca110 like this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

You're in for a treat!

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Pet Sematary seems to be reviewing well.

Kuri44 and Donnie Ruth like this.
  6. ChaseTx

I've been listening to Doctor Sleep, pretty good so far

7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I finished The Talisman today! Thought it was longer than it needed to be, but still enjoyed it. Next up is Thinner. But I think I’m going to need a break after that and read some non-fictions before diving into Skeleton Crew and Bachman Books.

ChaseTx likes this.
  8. HalfHearted

Regular

I am currently reading Black House (sequel to The Talisman) and this one is also longer than it needs to be. As much as I love King, I have come across a number of his books that are this way, personally.

Deanna likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

I've never felt like any of his books were too long haha. His writing makes it fly right by

Vivatoto likes this.
  10. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Longer the better! More King is never a bad thing.

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. HalfHearted

Regular

I have never disliked a book of his, I just feel like they could have been shorter. I am also a slow reader, so it takes me a lot longer than it should to finish, ha.

12. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I am on Duma Key right now. Love John Slattery.

Vivatoto likes this.
  13. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Duma Key is underrated, I remember being really into it at the time!

14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I agree @HalfHearted. I think reading a bunch of the longer books in a row is going to make me notice just how long they are even more. I'm still really loving going through all of his work, though.

HalfHearted likes this.
  15. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Some could be shorter for sure, and it’s well known most of his endings are terrible, but he’s still my fav

16. TomG

Trusted Supporter

So I have read almost all king but not the castle rock series. Do I need to read in order or are they different enough that it’s fine if I start with needful things and work my way back through the dark half and the dead zone?

17. Vivatoto

I feel like Needful Things is probably the only one worth holding out for and reading after you’ve read some Castle Rock stories. It feels like the end of an era since at the time it was meant as the last CR story. Wouldn’t hurt to read it, just might mean more to you if you’ve read a lot of CR books.

Cujo and Deadzone should probably be read early too because they introduce some important characters.

18. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Thanks! I read Cujo a super long time ago so barely remember outside of the general premise. I’ll rock Deadzone next!

19. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

dead zone might be my fav King

20. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

2 months ago there was a stray copy of The Dead Zone stacked amongst other stuff that someone was giving away in the lobby of my building. I should have snagged it and I have regrets.

21. Vivatoto

Dead Zone is definitely top tier King.

22. ChaseTx

Needful Things was my first SK book (and still maybe my favorite)

There was one part that alluded to other books. Otherwise I guess I would've just known a character or two already if I had read them in order

TomG likes this.
  23. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

Night Channels and ChaseTx like this.
  24. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

wakaflockajamez likes this.
  25. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

PUMPED

Gnarly Charlie likes this.