Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 41

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Landrick Robert likes this.
  2. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Deanna likes this.
  3. dlemert

Trusted

Almost finished with The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. Not his creepiest, but as far as his shorter novels go it's pretty great.

4. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Didn't realize Elevation was already out, I'm slacking. Just ordered a copy, will probably read it over the weekend unless I'm glued to Red Dead again

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  6. Landrick Robert

Stay Gold

7. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I actually found it to be the most terrifying of his novels but being alone in the woods and little girls in danger are like the two things that destroy me. I know most King fans find that insane, lol.

dlemert likes this.
  8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

i just read over the wiki description of this and i don't remember it at all lol. I think heady surreal stuff tends to lose me. I might need to reread just that battle

9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Just finished Pet Sematary. I’ve never seen the movie so going into this book I just thought it would be animals scaring people.

My god. What a dark, depressing, and rather disturbing story when you summarize it. Loved every page. The ending was so good. He could have written the simple/easy ending but just took it further and even more disturbing than I thought.

It’s pretty much Stephen King meets Pyscho/Bates Motel and I loved it.

10. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Probably one of the only books I haven't read because I assumed the book entirely revolved around pets coming back to life. Maybe I should give it a try. Elevation just showed up in the mail and it's incredibly short for an SK novel so I might read that in its entirety tomorrow

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I literally thought all my life it was just a cat and fish coming back to life and killing people so I figured it’d be lame. NOPE. It’s a depressing/dark family story and I felt miserable after reading it (but like...in a good way?)

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  12. ChaseTx

I finished Full Dark, No Stars yesterday and overall I liked it a lot. Not exactly a fun read but the stories for the most part are really good

Also bought Gwendy's Button Box in a library book sale

Vivatoto likes this.
  13. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Totally agree. Its like explaining that Cujo isn't just a story about a rabid dog or IT about a scary clown

14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

chewbacca110 and BackyardHero11 like this.
  15. BackyardHero11

Trusted

16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Nice. Movie episode should be episode 3 I believe.

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah I definitely need to get back on track with my Stephen King read/audible listens. Have Needful Things and Dead Zone lined up. I've been bouncing around, probably should've started from the beginning to better manage it haha

Deanna likes this.
  18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The Stand is now in my possession. Man, this book looks daunting but I’m excited.

coleslawed, Deanna and Vivatoto like this.
  19. chewbacca110

There's no way I am gonna have all of the book read by 11/28 since I typically read mostly on my morning and evening commute to work. I smell a library renew in a few weeks haha.

20. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

After finishing WoT, I’m gonna make another go at Dark Tower.

Starting Drawing of Three tonight.

21. ChaseTx

yeah I need to re-read The Waste Lands and finally pick the series back up

22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Just finished watching The a Shining again for the podcast. Still such a good horror movie despite the big differences from the book. Also watched the Salem’s Lot from 1979 the other day and that was something.

Saw Elevation at the library so I snagged it. Will likely blow through that before starting on Cujo now. So many Stephen King things to read/watch since I had the crazy podcast idea.

23. chewbacca110

Salem's Lot scared the piss out of me when I was 10 and I still often think of the scene where the kid floats up out of the fog and scratches on his friend's window.

24. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Did a count today and I've read 21 King books, which is crazy to me because there's still a bunch I want to read from him. Doubt I'll ever read every single King book but there's at least 10 or so more that I really want to read.

Deanna likes this.
  25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

This was the first I had watched it. Some of it was clearly not great, but it’s largely due to when it was made so I always try to keep that in mind.