Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 38

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Syre Dream

Regular

Is the "IT" audio book any good? Idk if i want to read the book that thing is huge haha

2. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

The audiobook is 44 hours long, just a warning hahaha

3. Syre Dream

Regular

I know but I can at least listen during work haha

4. Definitely link me yours as well!

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  5. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

It's great. I wanted to give it another read but had to grab the audiobook, I enjoyed the hell out of it

6. GBlades

Trusted

Sometimes I find audiobooks a little boring, just having someone to read. I know GraphicAudio do some great audiobooks but is anyone aware of anything a bit more exciting? Or some audiobooks that have that little oomf!

7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I have about three hours left in The Outsider. Gonna say, not a favorite of mine.

8. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Finally watching Mr Mercedes since it’s on dvd.

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  9. Vivatoto

I've only watched three episodes but I feel like this is going to be up there with some of the best King adaptations. I was expecting like a better than average TNT or USA style crime drama but it's much more like something that could be on HBO. I'm honestly floored by it. And they're not holding back at all. And the casting is perfect, Lou and Jerome are so good.

Colby Searcy and Deanna like this.
  10. yeknom

CEO/Shelob Supporter

I still havent' quite finished it. it started off strong and i was speeding through it; but into the second half of the book I find myself only reading 15 or 20 pages a day.

thedrudo likes this.
  11. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

The first half of the book was excellent and then I don't really understand why it went sour but it did.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  12. GBlades

Trusted

I take it I really need to read The Outsider then? I've always wanted to read King's books, only having read IT and I haven't the slightest where to start since he has such a huge bibliography.

13. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Honestly I'd go elsewhere if you're just starting. There's much better to pick from. Misery, Gerald's Game, The Stand, The Shining.

I really, really enjoy Bag of Bones, not sure what the consensus on it is.

14. GBlades

Trusted

I have read The Stand and Dark Tower, forgot to mention those. Could do with reading Misery and Gerald's Game.

15. Night Channels

Trusted

You should definitely not start with The Outsider. The Bill Hodges trilogy is awesome, and while you don't necessarily have to read those before The Outsider, you should.

Salem's Lot is a good place to start.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  16. GBlades

Trusted

I'm genuinely just looking for a good horror book and King seems to be the go-to guy for it.

17. Night Channels

Trusted

Salem's Lot

18. GBlades

Trusted

19. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Salem's Lot is one of my favorites, don't worry if you feel it takes a bit to get going, it's worth it.

GBlades likes this.
  20. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Cycle of the Werewolf is up next for a quick read

21. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Just finished The Outsider today, other than Mr. Mercedes series what it SK books are similar?

From what I gather these 4 aren't exactly normal SK fare

22. Vivatoto

I'd say Dead Zone, Colorado Kid, and Joyland.

23. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

These are his more Mystery ones?

Also what did YOU think of The Outsider?

24. yeknom

CEO/Shelob Supporter

Also depends on what you mean by similar. A lot of his work is more character driven to me; maybe that's why the Outsider didn't resonate with me as much.

25. Vivatoto

Bag of Bones is one of my favorites. Also one of the most disappointing adaptations.

Gnarly Charlie likes this.