Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 37

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've finished one book so far this year I think. Once I finish Eye Of The World I think I'll get back into some King. Maybe pick The Dark Tower back up

2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I'm still getting through Oathbringer since release in October! I have Sleeping Beauties and The Outsider just sitting there staring at me

3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

You should plow through The Outsider, I read 300 pages in 1-2 sittings and I'm by no means a fast reader!

4. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I want to, but I hate abandoning a book or reading two at the same time. My problem is I no longer have a commute as I drive to work. Used to read 30-40 books easily a year.

I tried audio books but I just zone out and don't enjoy it

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

More than likely going with Chat Sematary for the podcast. @chewbacca110 How would you liked to be credited with the name suggestion? I'd like to mention it in the teaser/episode 0 when the time comes.

BackyardHero11 and chewbacca110 like this.
  6. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Loooove that book. It's crazy that that and Lisey's Story have yet to get adaptations.

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Sweet! If you wanna out yourself on your podcast as a Chorus member, feel free to mention my Chorus screenname. If not, you can say “a hardcore King fan Wookiee from Chicago named Bob” since that is my actual name.

Let us know when it posts!

8. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Will do! It'll be a while since I'll still need to get artwork lined up and I want to get a good amount of episodes recorded first. But hopefully within the next few months it'll launch.

9. GBlades

Trusted

I definitely need to hear this podcast .

Aaron Mook, chewbacca110 and Deanna like this.
  10. As long as we're self-promoting, I'm hosting a horror film podcast and the first episode is about Pet Sematary and Pet Sematary 2! We have four episodes recorded and are similarly waiting to launch until we have at least one more under our belt, but I'd be happy to share it here if it sounds like something y'all would be interested in.

Also think I'll move onto The Outsider next.

11. GBlades

Trusted

Always a fan of a Stephen King podcast! The Outsider would be a good topic also since it's fairly new and has some neat things to talk about .

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

So excited for both of these!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. Mine is actually just about horror films! Franchises, specifically. Kind of confusing to bring it up in the Stephen King thread, but our pilot just happened to be relevant hehe.

14. GBlades

Trusted

Even better, there's a lack of horror podcasts that i'd like to listen to (or might just be my sheer laziness to start) so hit us up when you know something more :-)

Aaron Mook likes this.
  15. ChaseTx

for current film releases I recommend Bloody Good Horror. They have a really laid back, jokey dynamic and they review a new release every week, ranging from indie stuff on streaming to big theatrical stuff, just depending on what they want to do

GBlades likes this.
  16. ChaseTx

@Deanna do you know what books you'll be covering to start? Maybe I'll read one of those next

17. GBlades

Trusted

Added to the list of things to check out!

ChaseTx likes this.
  18. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

y'all are so much better at podcasting than me, we have so many plans and end up pushing them back and end up with like 3 weeks-month between episodes.

19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

The plan is to go in chronological order for the books and adaptations. So Carrie, Salem's Lot, Night Shift, and The Shining will be the first few books. And I believe the Carrie movie is somewhere between those.

ChaseTx likes this.
  20. ChaseTx

Oh, awesome. I've read all of them although I don't remember Salem's Lot very clearly

Deanna likes this.
  21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I'll likely be reading Wiki pages to refresh on some stuff. I also need to figure out how to actually keep up with the work load between reading and watching everything. That's why I'm going to wait a few months before launching it hah. It'll give me time to record episodes and get ahead.

ChaseTx likes this.
  22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Also, ironically recorded this podcast on The Shawshank Redemption before diving into the Stephen King podcast idea haha. I probably won't reuse it since I'll be talking about Different Seasons as a whole.

23. BackyardHero11

Trusted

it happens, if it's still fun just stick with it and put out episodes when you can.

24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

my friend and I are getting ready to start up a horror podcast. i'll definitely give yours a listen!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. BackyardHero11

Trusted

finished the Mr. Mercedes trilogy. that was awesome. Think I might go... End of Watch, Mr Mercedes, Finders Keepers. all of them were great, I just think Finders Keepers took the longest to get going.

Going to move on to The Outsider soon, but since I just finished that trilogy in 6 days I'm going to take a breather haha.

Deanna likes this.