Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 36

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Currently reading, and absolutely loving, On Writing. Equally entertaining and insightful.

2. BackyardHero11

Trusted

oncenowagain likes this.
  3. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Plowed through Mr. Mercedes in 2 days. oof, some of that was pretty disturbing to take in in such a short period of time haha. started Finders Keepers this morning.

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Heavily enjoyed Mr. Mercedes! There is a tv show for the book, although I have no idea how to access it, but I did see the opening scene and it’s BRUTAL.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  5. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah I think I saw it's like an AT&T thing through direct tv only, idk

6. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I really enjoyed it but felt none of the sequels held up in comparison

7. CAC3

Dog

Has anyone read Sleeping Beauties? If so, what did you think of it?

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  8. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah something weird like that, haha. Let me know what you think of Finders Keepers and End of Watch. I made a mistake and only read Mr. Mercedes for no damn reason. I’ll definitely get back into the series soon!

After reading like 18 straight King novels I took a break. Will probably start back up come October time.

9. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I really enjoyed it but the amount of characters can be a bit daunting. Comes with a little glossary though.

10. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Loved it. Not King's best, it's obvious that Owen is taking the lead and he doesn't appear to be at the same level as Stephen and Joe. But still really good.

11. Vivatoto

Mr Mercedes is going to be available for purchase next week so I'm excited to finally see that. It's been killing me.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  12. dlemert

Trusted

Mr. Mercedes was my least favorite of the trilogy, and I still liked it. Favorite was probably Finders Keepers but End of Watch is really solid too.

13. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

still need to read end of watch. I found finders keepers better than mr mercedes

14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Let the voting commence!

I'll still have final say, but I do want to know what people who would be listening think. Highly debating on keeping the "Welcome to" theme, but not dead set on it.

Aaron Mook and chewbacca110 like this.
  15. Vivatoto

I vote for Welcome to NightShift but apparently I can't because I'm not on twitter. While Chat Sematary is undeniably awesome, I agree that keeping the Welcome to theme is a good call.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Noted! It wouldn't let me put the space between Night Shift haha. Stupid character limits.

17. Vivatoto

Lol I was going to ask about that, thought it was a stylistic choice

18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Nah I figured that was better than "Night Shif" haha.

19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I had to give myself a vote with Chat Sematary.

20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

It'll be between that and Welcome to the Night Shift. But more people seem to like Chat Sematary. More recognizable as a King podcast right away thanks to the purposely incorrect spelling haha.

BackyardHero11 and chewbacca110 like this.
  21. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Just read Rose Madder. Loved it - classic King.

Vivatoto likes this.
  22. BackyardHero11

Trusted

finished Finders Keepers, thought it was really great! definitely doesn't truly get going for a while but it does a great job bringing you into the lives of the new characters. Almost halfway through End of Watch, can't believe i'll have knocked out these three books in 6 days haha. I know it's easier with audible, but still! haha

Vivatoto and Donnie Ruth like this.
  23. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

me: has 100 unread books laying around, including library books and 3 books i'm in the middle of
    season: still summer, not even midway through august
    my stupid brain: probably time to reread 'Salem's Lot since it's spoopy fall vampire time!!!!!!!!!!

24. Donnie Ruth Aug 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2018)
    Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

SAME. Literally hundreds of books. But it’s nearly Fall time to read Salem’s Lot or Pet Sematary!

25. BackyardHero11

Trusted

haha yeah I have a bunch of new books I want to read this fall, but then going through old books at my parents out to decide what to get rid of I found Goosebumps and was like, wouldn't these be fun to reread before Halloween!

Aaron Mook and ChaseTx like this.