Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I actually haven't yet. I haven't checked in awhile but I remember when I was looking into it anything in print was super over priced and the only real option was kindle which I don't like reading comics on. There is a Joe Hill graphic novel collection that I've been meaning to order which includes that though.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  2. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I'm pretty sure a long time ago. Going to rewatch when I finish.

3. Vivatoto

It's a favorite. Cronenberg + King can't go wrong.

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  4. dlemert

Trusted

I finished Revival. That ending. I can't.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. jdr2187

jdr2187

The long walk is one of my favorites,interested to see what they do with it.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I've been meaning to pick The Long Walk on Audible.

8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

The premise of The Long Walk is so good, I can't believe I haven't read it yet

9. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Just finished Nos4a2, enjoyed it quite a bit. Although I think I liked The Fireman more.

10. Oh my. The Zodiac writer combined with one of my favorite King books? This is heaven.

11. Fantastic premise, solid execution. I highly recommend it.

thedrudo, bachna84 and TedSchmosby like this.
  12. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I may read the Dark Half next. The description sounds awesome how is it?

13. Vivatoto

It's good, maybe not something I'd rec out of the blue, but if you're interested in the plot I'd definitely say go for it.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Started Finders Keepers last night. :-)

Vivatoto likes this.
  16. dlemert

Trusted

Great book, that was my favorite of the trilogy.

thedrudo likes this.
  17. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Vivatoto, Ryan Gardner and BirdPerson like this.
  18. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

anyone subscribed to shudder, the original 'salem's lot and It miniseries are on there now

19. TedSchmosby

Trusted

The Truth Inside The Lie

This guy has a really thoughtful and thorough blog about everything King related. I rediscover it about twice a year and it steals away my whole afternoon

20. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I'd never looked into the 'twin novel' aspect of Desperation and The Regulators before. Seems super interesting. I assume I should read Desperation first? Those will probably be my next King novels.

Also, very excited about Castle Rock and The Outsider.

Vivatoto likes this.
  21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I started with The Regulators a couple months ago and tapered out after a little over 100 pages. I didn’t give up on it, just got deep into another book I was reading, but I was sort of struggling with it to be honest. I know 100 pages isn’t enough to judge it by, but normally I’m hooked by then. Let me know what you think if you get to it

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  22. Vivatoto

Excellent choice. Both great, I love the Regulators especially, one of his crazier novels. I believe I read that one first just because I was reading Bachman books, I'm not sure if it's a huge deal which order you read them. I'd go with what was published first.

Also theres a blurb on amazon for the outsider that compares it to IT. Fuck yeah

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  23. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

hello :peace: this is my first time in this thread.

just started reading Stephen King books in 2016. going in chronological order so far, i read Carrie and 'Salem's Lot that year, then only read The Shining (and watched that movie for the first time!) last year. this year i've read The Stand and i'm looking at Night Shift, The Long Walk and The Dead Zone at the very least over the next few months. those are all a bit more manageable in terms of page count.

as a completely new reader, i have been really enjoying this so far, for the most part. there are some criticisms to be made here and there, but i have especially enjoyed 'Salem's Lot and The Stand, specifically the first of the three sections of the latter. it's also great to have so much peripheral / adaptive media to engage with, i've got a couple long flights coming up so i'm also going to check out the original Carrie film and The Stand mini-series.

one last note: checked out The Losers Club podcast from Consequence of Sound, where they go reallyyyyyyy deep (super long episodes)into each King book. i think it's a good-enough podcast accompaniment as i go along with the books, but would happily take any other podcast or blog recommendations to read analysis of his works from critics or fans.

24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My girlfriend is finishing The Shining today (her first King book!). She is an aspiring writer and has absolutely fallen in love with his style. I recommended Doctor Sleep to her next so she can complete Danny's story.

OH - and we are going to stay in The Stanley Hotel in October. B-)

coleslawed, Colby Searcy and Vivatoto like this.
  25. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

oh my god you guys I started reading IT last September to prep for the movie and I FINALLY finished it this weekend. It's never taken me this long to finish a book in my life and I feel like I really conquered by finishing.