Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I'll definitely check those all out as soon as I can. Much prefer the book to the movie as far as Shining goes, then again I typically do prefer the books.

2. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Oh me too, I have a hard time comparing them because I think The Shining is like a perfect movie, just not a perfect adaptation of that story.

3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Very true. I have a lot of reading to catch up on, but thankfully Shawshank and The Mist will be short reads before watching those movies.

Vivatoto likes this.
  4. 182 Jack Mannequins

I'd also add the Shining to this list. It has some supernatural elements to it, but the core story is a character's inner struggle with alcoholism and child abuse. Very powerful, heavy stuff.

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Jackie Earle Hayley is close to signing for Sayre. That sounds good to me.

6. Vivatoto

That's an excellent casting, but again, that's really soon right?

King has an idea for an 11/22/63 sequel where Jake tries to stop people from using the time portal but he probably won't ever write it.

7. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

YES, so good!

182 Jack Mannequins likes this.
  8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Halfway through 11/22/63. What a damn book this has been thus far.

JoshShulkin and Vivatoto like this.
  9. Vivatoto

Fran Kranz playing Pimli

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Went to grab some Dark Tower books at Powell's last weekend, they were basically out but had a sign up that said "Looking for the Dark Tower series? Being reprinted, check back May 2016." Is this news? I haven't heard about this anywhere, but am excited for it. Would love a seven (eight?) volume same size set.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It gets 2017 release date. I thought it was dead in the water?

12. Vivatoto

Fukunaga left and had a lot of bad things to say about the direction they wanted to take it in. It's "alive" but there's a lot of reasons to be worried.

13. Vivatoto

Looks really good. Jackson looks killer

14. Deanna Apr 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2016)
    Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Will definitely need to see this movie. Cell was one of the first books of his that I read.

Vivatoto and wakaflockajamez like this.
  15. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

YESSSSSS

16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Had no clue a Cell movie was happening, let alone just over a month out! Super excited now!

wakaflockajamez likes this.
  17. Vivatoto

I know a few of you have had the privilege of reading a Nick Cutter novel, The Troop or The Deep will do, his next book Little Heaven is called a mix between Blood Meridian and IT, which sounds like the greatest thing ever.

18. Night Channels

Trusted

My two favorite books mixed together? I need this now.

Also, if you haven't seen Green Room yet...you really should. It's a horror film, in my opinion.

19. Vivatoto

Haha, I know right? I knew you'd like that.

Fuck man, it was suppose to have a wide release today but it's not playing here. I'm so pissed. Dying to see it.

20. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I've read far too little King. I read The Shining last year and loved it, and right now I'm halfway through Revival. I've found it very engaging so far.

21. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Just finished up Revival. Thoroughly enjoyed it, loved the characters, but that ending...holy crap. So terrifying and bleak.

Ryan Gardner and Vivatoto like this.
  22. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Started reading It today for my first time. Really enjoying it so far.

Night Channels and Vivatoto like this.
  23. Night Channels

Trusted

Enjoy the ride

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  24. Vivatoto

The Fireman today

Dave Diddy and Night Channels like this.
  25. Vivatoto

About 135 pages into Fireman and it's fucking brilliant. At least one character totally based on a character from The Stand and I feel like there's one more but it's a little bit more of a reach. A lot of similarities to The Stand except for a focus on one pov

Very fantasy-esque as well. Explaining the plague sort of reminds me of Sanderson working through a magic system.

Ryan Gardner likes this.