Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 29

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

amazon picked up the dark tower rights and is moving full steam ahead on the series.

TomG, Ryan Gardner and Vivatoto like this.
  2. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

holy shit

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  3. TomG Feb 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 24, 2018)
    TomG

Trusted Supporter

No way! Source?

Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up! This is AWESOME news! Though, they said Nikolaj Arcel is still involved in a pilot? Makes me nervous. Scrap everyone involved and start new.

4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Oh my god. I read all the books last summer in a 2 month binge and I’m so ready to re-live this. A TV series always seemed logical rather than movies.

TJ Wells likes this.
  5. GBlades

Trusted

I just hope that the ending goes down well if they follow the same story as the books. Don't want it to feel like another TV cop-out and fans of the show to go "how fucking dare you."

6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I am very curious how they would handle the ending. Based off the movie’s reception I wonder if they’d be hesitant to change something so significant from the books as the ending.

7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’m about to begin Part III of the Stand (aka the final 200 pages). Oh man I’m very excited to see how this thousand page journey ends!

8. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Starting The Dark Half

Vivatoto likes this.
  9. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Night Channels likes this.
  10. dlemert

Trusted

About 100 pages into Revival and it's certainly a slow burn, but the way King describes horrific events in a totally nonchalant way is absolutely chilling.

11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I was so hooked on the beginning. I was just so into learning and seeing the life of him as a kid. And yes, when that event happens you are left just speechless. I FLEW threw that book!

12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I, too, remember reading Revival fairly quickly.

I am finishing up The Bazaar Of Bad Dreams. It's a pretty mixed bag, but a handful of them are super cool like "Mile 88", "Obits", "Under The Weather", and my favorite thus far: "Bad Little Kid"

13. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Starting Everything’s Eventual

TJ Wells and Vivatoto like this.
  14. Dave Diddy

15. Vivatoto

Amc currently doing fantastic work with The Terror, I'll trust them.

Night Channels likes this.
  16. TomG

Trusted Supporter

17. Dave Diddy

I've owned NOS4A2 for a while but have yet to read it. I think I'm going to change that and start it tomorrow (seeing Brian Fallon tonight so reading will be put on hold for today).

18. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Started readings Horns today and I’ve got that first-few-pages excitement coursing through me. Not sure why I’m just getting to it now, I read NOS4A2 two years ago and thought it was the best book I had ever read. I saw the film adaptation last summer, too, and really really liked it, and the fact that I’ve heard from so many that the book is way better than the movie makes it seem is interesting. Please don’t make me dislike the movie upon revisiting

Vivatoto likes this.
  19. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

On to The Dead Zone

Vivatoto and Night Channels like this.
  20. Vivatoto

One of my early favorites. Have you seen the movie?

21. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Horns movie?

22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Colby Searcy likes this.
  23. Colby Searcy

I loved that movie!

My wife tried reading the book after but said she hated the first couple of chapters and didn't wanna continue she she knew the ending.

I'm looking forward to reading both one of these days.

Mainly I was making sure there wasn't a NOS4A2 movie that I didn't know about hah!

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I’m a few chapters in (about fifty pages) and not really feeling it yet, either. It’s the movie exactly so far, so it’s just a lot of cutesy set-up and explicitly establishing themes that I hope are expanded on in a more nuanced way as the story gets its footing.

AMC just ordered ten episodes of a NOS4A2 tv show though! I’m so excited

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. Colby Searcy

Are you into comic books/graphic novels? There was a mini series from a few years ago called Wraith that's based on NOS4A2.

I'm sure @Vivatoto has read it

Vivatoto likes this.