Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen King Book • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Vivatoto, Mar 31, 2016.

1. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Somehow I've managed to avoid watching or reading The Shawshank Redemption all my life. I didn't even know what it was about until I finally read the short story today (I think I had it mostly confused with The Green Mile, which I've only seen pieces of). I'm really excited to watch the movie now. The story was great, but pretty straightforward. I'm curious as to how it's been adapted into such an acclaimed, lengthy movie. I feel like I've been missing out!

2. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Just read The Breathing Method. It was a pleasant surprise to see the word Christmas come up so much. I kept forgetting that the story is in the book of "non-horror" stories, and right as I came to the point where I accepted it was going to be so, the story got pretty damn horrific. Where it went reminded me of the stuff Chuck Palanhiuk writes about, particularly in Haunted. It was fantastic

Vivatoto likes this.
  3. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Yeah Breathing Method is great.

4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

So... the Cell movie was not good. I remember being so excited for an Eli Roth directed adaptation like 10 years ago. Disappointing that after all this time, what we ended up getting was a bland and boring movie that seemed to have the hands of dispassionate studios all over it

5. Vivatoto

Ryan Gardner and Night Channels like this.
  6. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Stephen King has seen a rough cut of Gerald's Game:

I had no idea they were past pre-production - or that any progress had been made beyond announcing a director. I am officially excited

coleslawed, Vivatoto and Ryan Gardner like this.
  7. Vivatoto

JJ Abrams announced a Hulu series based on King's work titled Castle Rock. Doesn't sound like much is known at this time.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Night Channels

Trusted

9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I hope that's like an anthology series, each season being a different lesser known Stephen King story.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  10. Vivatoto

Some obvious Derry stuff in there so it seems like nothing is off limits. Crazy exciting.

11. Vivatoto

So the way we have MCU and DCU we should totally have a SKU connecting this sort of stuff, the new IT and obviously Dark Tower

12. HalfHearted

Regular

I just finished reading IT yesterday, and while I enjoyed it, it seemed to be a lot longer than it needed to be. I almost got sick of reading it, which was unfortunate.

13. Vivatoto

14. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

My goal is to read more Stephen King this year. The only works of his I've read fully are The Shining, The Green Mile, and Revival.

15. TedSchmosby

Trusted

So I finally watched Shawshank. I liked it, but I do think having read the story beforehand, I missed out on experiencing the surprise a lot of people praise it for. And I'm not sure how sold I am on Tim Robbins. Morgan was great though

16. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I was reading part two of IT will begin in a few months.

17. Night Channels

Trusted

Filming or casting?

18. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Good goal. May I also recommend The Fireman by his son Joe Hill.

Vivatoto and Colby Searcy like this.
  19. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

20. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

And Locke & Key

Vivatoto likes this.
  21. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Going to start Full Dark, No Stars this week. First book of short stories I've read by King.

Colby Searcy and Vivatoto like this.
  22. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Speaking of the fireman, it's on sale for the Kindle right now for 2.99. Such a good book.

Vivatoto likes this.
  23. Night Channels

Trusted

The trailer for It premiered at SXSW and it's supposed to be terrifying.

Hopefully it comes out in a few days.

thedrudo and Vivatoto like this.
  24. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Was reading about it. Can't wait to see footage from it. Gonna rule.

Vivatoto likes this.
  25. Vivatoto

I read the teaser description on bloodydisgusting.com and it gave me hella chills. I can't believe how turned around I am on this one, after Fukunaga left I was not expecting to be so excited again.

Night Channels likes this.