Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen Hawking Passes Away

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Stephen Hawking has passed away. He was 76.

Stephen W. Hawking, the Cambridge University physicist and best-selling author who roamed the cosmos from a wheelchair, pondering the nature of gravity and the origin of the universe and becoming an emblem of human determination and curiosity, died early Wednesday at his home in Cambridge, England.

2. drewinseries

Drew

He was one of the people I credit with first getting me interested in science at a young age. Working in science now, I owe a lot his books and outlook and love of the field.

morken likes this.
  3. Maverick

Trusted

The Einstein of our lifetimes. Scoffed at the face of death and did more for the scientific community post handicap then most people did ever. I happened to watch The Theory Of Everything a couple weeks ago so just having a basic idea of what he was like (such a funny guy, “accidentally” rolling over people’s toes he didn’t like) makes this more emotional for me. I’m very close to some disabled people so he stood for so much more then just science for me. But of course reading A Brief History Of Time years ago had always fascinated me to no end, all those crazy theories about black holes and the possibility of time travel is just unbelievable coming from such a brilliant mind like his. This world has truly suffered a giant loss.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

RIP you brilliant man. :tear:

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Colossal loss

6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

really enjoyed this video.

7. shawnhyphenray

Regular

RIP to one of the biggest geniuses and strongest men (mentally) to ever exist.