Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen Christian - Wildfires Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Spazzy McGee, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Spazzy McGee

Regular

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm couldn't get past the first 20 seconds or so of that first song, the lyrics are bad bad bad

3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

As soon as I saw the artwork for this I was concerned. Seems too CCM like Aaron Gillespie's worship album. Will check the songs out later but if this is an overproduced album with cliche lyrics I'm out. I think an honest and more raw effort from him would be so good. Judging by @irthesteve's comments I won't hold my breath!

4. Lucas27

Trusted

If the rest of the record is as good as "Atmosphere" this album's quality will definitely be more akin to Dustin Kensrue's worship album than Aaron Gillespie's. "Gloria" is okay, but I hope that's as CCM-y as the album gets.

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Yeah this is ultra cliche worship stuff... but man was it good to hear Stephen Christians voice again

6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

A couple of weeks away and I'm really not that interested in hearing this.

7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Reading a few early reviews and listening to the singles I've sadly seen nothing to suggest that this will be true. I'll be happy to be proven wrong though!

8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

So... did anyone give this album a chance? Haven't heard it yet. Some people have been saying there's some Stephen Christian magic under the surface but I'm still unsure.

9. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

His voice is still my favorite voice in all of music, but I can't deal with these lyrics. I've only listened to the songs he released before the album came out and I'm not interested in listening to the album in full, even though it breaks my heart to say that.

I'm glad that Stephen is exploring this avenue of music and I know it means a lot to him, and I read something from him recently where he admitted that this album may only satisfy or connect with a very small portion of his audience, so I just hope that he returns to Anchor & Braille or does some other kind of secular project soon.