Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

State Champs - Living Proof Tour 2019 w/ Our Last Night, The Dangerous Summer & Grayscale Tour • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Oct 29, 2018.

1. atlas

Trusted

people who like State Champs and OLN aren't really familiar with good music so it's not surprising TDS aren't getting a great reception on this tour

blinxspot, Joe4th, tshreve and 3 others like this.
  2. young&menace

I enjoy TDS music but when I just saw them, they lacked any energy on stage and looked genuinely bored when playing. Going from Grayscale's set to that, I can definitely understand why the crowds haven't been all that into them.

Brent likes this.
  3. darkstorms139

Regular

I love TDS, but I knew they weren't gonna get good reception since I went to their headliner last year in their HOMETOWN (it was their first shows back too) and no one was moving the entire set.

4. atlas

Trusted

i mean, no one was moshing in Chicago either but everyone was still pretty clearly having a fantastic time. most TDS fans are in their mid-20s now and at a certain point before then you realize moshing to mid-tempo pop rock isn't really the move

Joe4th and Jdaniels like this.
  5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

It was literally night and day for the Boston show.... Greyscale honestly killed it with the crowd and maybe like 10 people of that seemed into TDS which was a big bummer.

young&menace likes this.
  6. TDS was incredibly boring and the singer's banter was very annoying. Really did not enjoy their set. Not quite as bad as OLN but not fun.

Brent likes this.
  7. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Is inviting the entire audience to an afterparty at a bar something TDS does after every show or is that just Toronto? You can practically set your watch to it two thirds of the way through their set...

Jdaniels and Brent like this.
  8. atlas

Trusted

nah that sounds about right

Jdaniels likes this.
  9. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Part of me feels they got back together just to party lol AJ seems like a train wreck sometimes

Brent and Jdaniels like this.
  10. Jdaniels

Regular

I'm not trying to assume anything.
    But I feel when tds split last time and aj got his "9 to 5" gig to take care of the family, he went sober or at least slowed waaay down. "When I was sober and seeing clear" etc. I kinda expected sobriety from him after that break, a la rhett miller, bj barham, even art alexakis. I've seen them 4 times since this lineup started touring and all 4 times hes been getting pretty drunk, not forgetting stuff a la evan felkner but definitely just drinking alot. The banter on stage is just a lot of "yes let's get drunk lets all drink after" etc. As someone trying to stay sober its interesting.

Brent likes this.
  11. Jusscali

I mean he was effin blitzed in Boston and they were on at 7:30. Could barely speak. Plus, anyone who is sober wouldn’t allow that haircut either. It’s a cry for help lol

Brent and Jdaniels like this.
  12. Joshua

Regular

Yeah that's one thing I noticed last Sunday about them, he seemed to stumble on some of his words too

Jdaniels likes this.
  13. Jusscali

It’s actually sad to see. Felt eerily similar to seeing Valencia on their return. He was 100 lbs heavier and couldn’t even stand up let alone play music. TDS holds up better live but it could just be much better.

Joshua and Jdaniels like this.
  14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

That’s really sad. I think AJ got divorced so I wonder if that’s why he’s been struggling with sobriety. I see them Friday so I’m curious if it’s just going to get worse the further into the tour.

Jdaniels likes this.
  15. Jdaniels

Regular

I've been wondering about the relationship!! The new single made me think maybe he had split, and I creepily noticed his kids mom changed her name back on facebook.

16. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I noticed a while ago that it looked like she changed her name on Instagram and was back in South Africa with the daughter.

Jdaniels likes this.
  17. Jusscali

He met her on tour?

18. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Anaheim date is next week. I'm so excited I've been waiting for so long to see them again

19. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I wanna say the singer for TDS was incredibly drunk in stage in Orlando on thursday, but I have no frame of reference. He seemed to be having fun at least.

Jdaniels likes this.
  20. Jdaniels

Regular

It's a very likely guess.

21. Aloop

I thought the same thing.

22. ccsc918

existing

I went tonight in Louisville, oln didn’t play

23. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

They had a show with Kayzo in Chicago