Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

State Champs - Living Proof Tour 2019 w/ Our Last Night, The Dangerous Summer & Grayscale Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Oct 29, 2018.

1. I hope they're not cut short in NYC tomorrow. I love Shape Up.

brentkid likes this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I thought I was just really drunk and didn't remember them playing these so I'm glad that wasn't the case lol

theasteriskera and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  3. This is tonight. I'm sick as hell, so we'll see how this goes. Stoked!

4. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

They're $44 on Stubhub right now,but I'd expect them to drop a bit as we get closer to the show. Lately, sold out scene shows in NYC have been insanely cheap like 10 minutes before the shows start; BMTH was like $55 if you bought them when they went on sale, they dropped to $6 the day of the show.

Jdaniels likes this.
  5. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Does anyone know how active Let It Happen is these days? I still haven't seen a show but live in north Jersey, and idk if they'll tour again. Cause + Effect is a masterpiece

6. My friend has a ticket but can't make it. Want me to PM you his number?

7. brentkid

Regular

Are all three openers supposed to be playing tonight? For some reason I thought I saw something a few weeks ago on how that wasn't the case.

8. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Someone in here actually sold me one last night! Thanks for looking out though, appreciate it!

9. Joshua

Regular

I believe they are, but our last night is doing another show in New York in April so that is a bit confusing

10. brentkid

Regular

Okay cool, thanks!

11. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Come say hi if you are here I am wearing a black Valencia hoodie

12. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Show tonight was WILD, the crowd for Champs was absolutely ridiculous.

Our Last Night mentioned a headliner in the fall and Champs teased a summer tour.

CTFFEMT93 and Morgan like this.
  13. jimmyjazz39

Regular

If anyone has a ticket that they're willing to sell for philly tomorrow lmk

14. CTFFEMT93

Regular

Always good to see you Brian!!!
    Crowd was fucking wild though for state champs. You couldn’t move in the place when they went on. Sounds kinda drowned derke’s Vocals at times but otherwise the band was tight.

15. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

What’s the order and rough timeline of the bands? Seeing them tonight.

16. young&menace

doors 6
    grayscale 645
    the dangerous summer 730
    our last night 830
    state champs 930

17. Jusscali

Sounds good. Who the f is OLN? Can’t believe they are ahead of TDS :/

Brent likes this.
  18. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

TDS have about 250K monthly listeners on Spotify, OLN has 1.7 million. OLN sold out the same Portland venue on their own headliner.

19. Jusscali

But who are they? Lol

20. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Our Last Night is an American post-hardcore band formed in 2004, consisting of brothers Trevor (vocals) and Matthew (guitar, vocals) Wentworth, Alex "Woody" Woodrow (bass guitar), and Timothy Molloy (drums). The band is known for its post-hardcore and alternative metal renditions of popular pop songs.

Contents
    History[edit]
    Early years (2004–2011)[edit]
    The band was formed in early 2004 by the brothers Trevor and Matthew Wentworth, Tim and Matthew Valich, and Alex "Woody" Woodrow. They released their first EP, We've Been Holding Back. They were still in high school and even then they were attracting more young audiences in England.[citation needed]

On October 17, 2005, the group released their second EP, Building Cities from Scratch, but without the participation of Matthew or Tim. They were replaced by brothers Nick Perricone on guitar and Joey Perricone on drums.[citation needed]

After a few lineup changes, the group was complete in 2006 with Trevor Wentworth (vocals), Matt Wentworth (guitar and vocals), Colin Perry (guitar), Alex "Woody" Woodrow (bass guitar) and Tim Molloy (drums). In early 2007, the group signed with Epitaph Records. The day before they embarked on their first tour, Trevor was only 13 years old.[2]

In August 2007, after having spent some time on the local club scene, Our Last Night was signed to Epitaph Records, a label owned by Bad Religion's Brett Gurewitz,[3] and released their first album, The Ghosts Among Us, on March 4, 2008.[4] It peaked at No. 6 on Billboard's Top Heatseekers (Northeast) on March 22, 2008.[5] The group then toured the United States through late 2008, including a prolonged stop in Los Angeles to record new tracks.[6]

We Will All Evolve was produced by Andrew Wade who has worked with A Day to Remember, VersaEmerge, In Fear and Faith, and VEARA. The band toured with From First to Last, We Came as Romans, and A Bullet for a Pretty Boy on Asking Alexandria's headlining tour Welcome to the Circus starting in early May and ending in June. On March 23, the band changed their Myspace layout to reveal the album cover, and "Elephants", the first track on their upcoming album. On April 7, the band released "Across the Ocean" on their Myspace and Absolutepunk.net. On April 23, they released the music video for "Elephants" on Myspace and different sites. On April 30, they had their official CD release show in support of We Will All Evolve at the Adams Memorial Opera House in Derry, New Hampshire.

On February 1, 2011 they traveled to Tokyo for a co-headlining tour of Japan. On March 19, 2011, they embarked on headlining the "Young & Restless Tour" with Attila, Vanna, Arsonists Get All the Girls, A Bullet for a Pretty Boy, Armor for the Broken, and Across the Sun.

On June 7, 2011 the band uploaded an acoustic version of "Across the Ocean" on their YouTube channel. This marked the first time frontman Trevor provided clean vocals instead of his usual unclean vocals on one of the band's tracks. He has provided clean vocals on every original song and cover the band has released ever since, with the exception of "Ivory Tower". On August 27, 2011 the band uploaded a 30-second clip of a new song they have been working on to their Facebook page.

From January 6–27, 2012, the band joined I See Stars on their "Leave It 2 the Suits" tour alongside Stick to Your Guns, Memphis May Fire, and Make Me Famous.

Recent years (2012–present)[edit]
    Main article: Age of Ignorance
    The band has done many covers on their official YouTube channel including "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons, "Blank Space" by Taylor swift, and "Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran.[citation needed]

Age of Ignorance was released on August 21, 2012.[citation needed] On June 24, 2012, they released a new single, "Liberate Me", on YouTube.[citation needed] On July 6, one week before their tour with headliner I Set My Friends On Fire, Colin Perry (rhythm guitar) left the band.[citation needed] On July 23, 2012, they released the title track off their album, Age of Ignorance, through Facebook and YouTube.[citation needed] On August 6, 2012, the band released a new song, "Invincible", through LoudWire and then later on Facebook and YouTube.[7] In May 2013 they supported Sleeping With Sirens on their UK tour along with The Word Alive.[citation needed] They appeared at Slam Dunk festival in May 2013, playing the Monster Energy stage and were deemed to have played a good set receiving a KKKK rating in Kerrang!.[citation needed]

After parting ways with Epitaph Records, the band announced, on October 9, 2013, that they were recording two EPs due to a September 2013 Indiegogo campaign in which they more than tripled their original goal of $15,000 with a final amount of $46,551.[citation needed] A bonus cover was promised after the band was late in releasing a cover in August as a part of their A Summer of Cover series, the band then released their version of Miley Cyrus' song "Wrecking Ball".[8]

The first single, "Same Old War", was released on YouTube on October 22, 2013 along with a music video.[citation needed] On November 1 they released the second song from the album, "I've Never Felt This Way", as a lyric video to YouTube.[citation needed] On November 4, 2013, they released the full EP, Oak Island, via YouTube stream.[citation needed]

On January 7, 2014, the music video for "Sunrise", from the Oak Island EP, was released. The band teamed up with anti-bullying organization The BULLY Project for the video.[9] On January 27, 2014, they released a full-band cover of Katy Perry's, "Dark Horse" on YouTube and iTunes.[10] On February 11, 2014, the band announced that they would record Oak Island Acoustic after their European tour with SECRETS and Empires Fade, have announced plans to record Oak Island Acoustic after returning to the states from the tour which ends on February 18 in Glasgow, UK. They confirmed it will feature all tracks from the Oak Island EP.[11] On May 28, 2014, the band announced that they would unite with Set It Off for a co-headlining tour with support from Heartist and Stages & Stereos. The Come Alive began July 11 in Jacksonville, Florida through August 22 in Boston, Massachusetts. The band also stated that the Boston, Massachusetts show will be their 10-Year Anniversary Show.[12] On June 3, 2014, an acoustic video was released for "Same Old War", taken from the acoustic version of their Oak Island EP, which was released on June 24.[13] On July 9, 2014 the band released their cover of the NSYNC's "Bye Bye Bye" featuring vocals from Cody Carson of Set It Off.[14] On October 7, 2014, the band released their cover of Maroon 5's "Maps".[citation needed] They followed this with further covers of Tove Lo's "Habits" on November 7, 2014,[citation needed] Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" on January 20, 2015,[citation needed] Selena Gomez's "The Heart Wants What It Wants" (featuring Craig Owens) on February 5, 2015,[citation needed] and a cover of "Left Swipe Dat" (featuring Lycia Faith) on April 10, 2015, a song originally created and performed by The Truth campaign.[15][non-primary source needed]

On May 19, 2015, the band announced that their album, Younger Dreams, would be released on June 16, 2015.[citation needed] The first single, "Home", was released on YouTube on April 28, 2015 along with a music video.[citation needed] On May 26, 2015 they released a second single, "A World Divided", along with a music video.[citation needed] On June 16, 2015, frontman Trevor's birthday, Younger Dreams was released and was made available in stores and on iTunes, Google Play and Spotify.[citation needed]

On November 4, 2016, the band co-headlined the "Face to Face" two-month US tour[16] On November 16, 2016, the band released a new single, "Common Ground", to their YouTube channel.[17][non-primary source needed] Also on the tour was Hands Like Houses, The Color Morale, and Out Came the Wolves.[citation needed]

On May 5, 2017, the band confirmed a new V.I.P site, "The Nightclub", offering exclusive meet and greets, unreleased music and early access to music including three exclusive and previously unreleased tracks: "The Deep End", a non-acoustic version of "Falling Away", and an alternate version of "Reason to Love"[citation needed] on an EP, Never Heard Before.[citation needed] On May 20, 2017, the band released a new single, "Broken Lives".[16] On May 30, 2017, the band announced an EP, Selective Hearing, which was released on June 9.[18] The third single to be released from the EP was "Tongue Tied".[citation needed]

Sometime after the release of "The Nightclub", the band sent out a message announcing the end of the platform, instead oping to switch to Patreon. They cited problems with "The Nightclub" not working for their intended purposes, and have used Patreon to release exclusive content based on tiers since August of 2018.

On February 7, 2019, the band released a new single titled "Demons", with the announcement of an uncoming album titled Let Light Overcome.

Musical style[edit]
    The band's sound has been described as a mixture of post-hardcore and alternative rock with some elements of metalcore.[19] The early releases featured fewer clean vocal parts while the contemporary material is more melodic with the role of unclean vocals noticeably reduced. Matt Wentworth occasionally plays a downtuned seven-string guitar that helps bring some elements of djent to the overall sound.[citation needed]

Members[edit]
    [​IMG]
    This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately, especially if potentially libelous or harmful.
    Find sources: "Our Last Night"news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
    Current members

• Trevor Wentworth - co-lead vocals, additional guitars, programming (2004–present)
    • Matt Wentworth - co-lead vocals, lead guitar, piano, programming, keyboards (2004–present)
    • Alex "Woody" Woodrow - bass, backing vocals (2004–present)
    • Tim Molloy - drums, percussion (2006–present)
    Past members

• Tim Valich - rhythm guitar (2004–2005)
    • Nick Perricone - rhythm guitar (2005–2006)
    • Colin Perry - rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2006–2012, touring member 2015-2017)
    • Matthew Valich - drums (2004–2005)
    • Joey Perricone - drums (2005–2006) (currently credited as pianist for some of the band's songs)

21. Jusscali

Hahaha nice. I’m just saying I’ve been in and following the scene for nearly two decades and I’ve never heard a song, seen them play, or hear anyone mention them. Just crazy to me. I’ve even heard of grayscale and they are the baby band of the bunch.

22. Jusscali

Actually over two decades...yikes

23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Just scored a free floor ticket - so after Thursday plays their preshow set getting an Uber over and heading back after The dangerous summer.

Jdaniels likes this.
  24. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

This line was nuts. NUTS.

25. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve never seen so many people crowd surf in my life. Girls were literally flying through to the front. Insane.