Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

State Champs - Living Proof (June 15, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TDenverFan, Apr 11, 2018.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I reallllly like Shape Up.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  2. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Perfect Score, All You Are Is History and Shape Up are all bops that helped get my middle school self into pop-punk

3. SimeonBD

Unpopular opinion: I really like all three singles.

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This band are on a downwards trajectory. The only decent song released off this so far is Crystal Ball and even that would be a middling song on the last album and the worst from Finer Things.

Oh dear.

If we are talking best songs from Around The World, I'd go: Eyes Closed, Losing Myself, Secrets, Slow Burn

BigMouth and earthlight like this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Slow burn is great. I feel like they we’re heading in a The Starting Line direction with those two deluxe songs.

6. I love every SC release so far. The Finer Things might be my favorite, but barely. And I think Living Proof will top it.

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

Idk, I’ve been following them for every album release and this is the least excited I’ve been. These songs hit but they don’t hit hard.

8. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

crystal ball>mine is gold>dead and gone

earthlight likes this.
  9. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Finally got around to listening to Mine Is Gold and that's the first thing I noticed

10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Definitely a downward trajectory.

11. BenSmith94

Trusted

As soon as I saw John Feldmann was producing, my hopes for this album dropped significantly. First few singles have just sounded like standard pop punk, aint' a patch on the massive choruses from their first two efforts.

earthlight likes this.
  12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Mike Green and Kyle Black also produced parts of the album.

13. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

FUCK Mike Green. He ruins nearly every album he touches.

14. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

Feldmann did 4 songs on the album.

15. TDenverFan

Regular

Looking him up, he produced Grayscale's Adornment, Seaway's Vacation, ATL Don't Panic, Anarbor's Words You Don't Swallow, Every Avenue's Picture Perfect, and plenty more that I thought were all very good albums.

Mike Green | Credits | AllMusic

16. Apparently Mark Hopes has guest vocals on "Time Machine".

Also:

17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

He also did

-As It Is - okay.
    -Neck Deep - The Peace And The Panic
    -Hands Like Houses - Dissonants

Which are all albums that I felt were major steps down from their predecessors, at least production wise.

His production style is so stale in my opinion. It feels like he takes all the ambience out of a track and makes it sound very flat and compressed. Also: He advocates very simple poppy writing.

The best way I can describe it is listen to "Turn Back To Me" by As It Is and compare it to "Patchwork Love" and you can hear how the latter just sounds a lot less dynamic.

18. I like this album for what it is - dead and gone is the worst track by far

19. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

How would you say it compares to their last full length record?

20. I LOVE Dead and Gone so I’m excited

21. I like this one more

22. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

23. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I like it also but think it's the weakest of the three they've released so far.

24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s grown on me a lot. I think Mine is Gold is by far the weakest they’ve released.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Same