Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

State Champs - Living Proof (June 15, 2018) Album • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TDenverFan, Apr 11, 2018.

1. SFguitar

Regular

Does it seem crazy to anyone else that this album is almost a year old??

Hope they put something new out next year and don't wait almost 3 years like they did with this one.

tyramail likes this.
  2. btr

Trusted Supporter

earthlight and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  3. btr

Trusted Supporter

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

My wife loves these guys. Got her tickets to their show with Simple Plan. Should be a fun time. Simple Plan puts of a fun show.

6. btr

Trusted Supporter

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Tumblr justice, baby!

Carrow likes this.
  8. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh was he involved in something?

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm just being a dick, that's what they posted when all the shit with JJR went down

10. btr

Trusted Supporter

Ehh wrong band member

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  11. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh they did? That sucks, damn

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn will be weird seeing them as a four piece

13. i assume they’d be poppier now?

14. SFguitar

Regular

That's a strangely worded statement. Hopefully these guys release new stuff soon.

15. btr

Trusted Supporter

They are still touring as a 5-piece. That 5th tour member just won’t be an official part of the band/involved in recording.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Just finished a listen through this album for the first time in awhile. It's still a fun summery pop-punk album. I'd say this and the new All Time Low album are probably two of my favorite pop-punk albums in the last...at least...5 years.

Saw these guys open for Simple Plan last Fall. Still fun, but Derek was sound rough. Probably bc it ws the end of the tour though. Anyways, I'm hoping they stick with the LP quality but try some experimental sounds and writing like ATL did with Wake Up, Sunshine. These guys have something like that in them, but the idea of them throwing out another standard pop-punk album like their last two makes me nervous for them haha.

SFguitar likes this.
  17. BenSmith94

Trusted

Derek has sounded really good on the couple of occasions I've caught them, so a bit worrying he sounded rough.

Agree they need to change it up slightly. Last album was fine, but I don't go back and listen to it. Very forgettable.

18. btr

Trusted Supporter

Last album is definitely their weakest

19. FloatUpstream

Regular

Sidelines, Frozen, and Cut Through the Static are some of my favorite State Champs songs in general, but the rest is definitely forgettable. Looking at their Spotify streaming stats with Spotify for Artists it seems like they've hit a plateau listener-wise this album cycle. Hoping they get some hype behind this next record release.

Side note, it seems like this album came out forever ago even though it hasn't even been two years yet

20. SFguitar

Regular

No one seems to ever talk about the fact that the wait between ATWAB and LP was almost 3 years. I think it's an overall solid album but I expected more due to that.

21. Is it consensus that this newest is their weakest? I really dislike their second record but thought this was a nice return to form with solid hooks. Nothing special, but great sing-a-longs.

22. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I agree with you

BigMouth likes this.
  23. brentkid

Regular

Frozen is the only song on their latest that I can consistently return to. It was a fine album but hopefully they try some new things out on their next.

llllllllllllllll likes this.
  24. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

JaytotheGee likes this.
  25. FloatUpstream

Regular

Really liked The Acoustic Things, hyped for this