Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

State Champs - Living Proof (June 15, 2018) Album • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TDenverFan, Apr 11, 2018.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Dead and Gone is terrible though and that song with the Mark Hoppis vocals is pretty bad.

2. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

I said this in another thread, but the transitions between the verses and choruses of Mine is Gold are jarring as fuck.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  3. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

My MerchLimited vinyl bundle still hasn't arrived, I can't stand it.

4. BenSmith94

Trusted

This album is pretty good, I didn't really dig Dead and Gone when it first came out, but it's growing on me. Criminal, Crystal Ball and Lightning are bangers.

5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Update.

This album still rips.

6. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I saw State Champs on Warped and unfortunately it appears Frozen doesn't really translate well live. Surprisingly Mine Is Gold does though.

7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Not a crowd pleaser? Or are they just bad at performing it?

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I thought Frozen sounded great at Warped

9. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

They performed it well, it just sounded hollow in the mix. Like there was something missing from the guitars or Derek's voice. I'm not sure. Hopefully it'll sound better on the Living Proof tour next spring.

10. btr

Trusted Supporter

The new songs are fine live, but none of them are bangers like their singles from Finer Things/ATWAB.

11. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

This was really cool to watch!

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  12. Frozen made its way onto my top Spotify songs of the year, still super catchy

brentkid likes this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, this is still a v good pop punk album. It’s surprisingly good for road trips.

ryanfears likes this.
  14. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

This holds up well

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm still listening to this a lot

earthlight and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  16. SmithBerryCrunch Jan 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 4, 2019)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

beachdude, ryanfears and JaytotheGee like this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I've got a better one:

You defended a rapist and an enabler and perpetuated abuse against women in a shitty, toxic, dying scene.

18. This is such a baseless take that you keep leaving in this thread, isn't it easier just to post in other threads?

19. I don't want to be that guy but it isn't false.

They backed up Harry Corrigan when all of that happened and he still pops up at shows. I've literally seen him stage side for bands like Knuckle Puck. He's still very close to people in the pop punk scene even if he isn't a part of it anymore.

I don't know enough about JJR to comment on that.

Matt Metzler likes this.
  20. It's not false, but it seems a bit excessive to "cancel" a band based on a deleted tweet from 5 years ago.

Not to say I know everything behind the scenes and obviously I'm going to respect the choice not to listen but I think repeating the same thing in this thread doesn't really solve anything.

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’ve been through this conversation with you regarding the same exact topic a few times. No, it isn’t excessive that this band helped a rapist and rape apologist remain in the scene.

“Baseless” implies it didn’t happen. I do post about them in other threads. Seeing as this one is full of people still cool with supporting the band, why not post here where it can’t be ignored?

22. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Yeah it’s totally valid and reasonable to keep bringing that up, it was a horrendously tone-deaf/ignorant/abuse-enabling tweet which, unless I missed something, he never even acknowledged again much less apologized for? Deleting a tweet is light years away from an apology.

PS Light Years still works with JJR, screw em!

OhTheWater likes this.
  23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listened to this album yesterday. It still holds up and is a fun summer album.

24. btr

Trusted Supporter

I wish I liked this more but it’s been my least favorite album cycle. These songs just don’t hit like ATWAB/Finer Things

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Dont support them