Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

State Champs - Living Proof (June 15, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TDenverFan, Apr 11, 2018.

1. TDenverFan

Regular

Saw this on Reddit, rumor has it that their 3rd album is gonna be called 'Living Proof' and will come out June 15th.

[​IMG]

No idea how accurate the source is, but seems legit to me.

DarkMatterHotSauce likes this.
  2. I’m surprised they went with a June 15th release date. I wouldn’t be surprised that this gets out around the time of the first single in May.

3. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Wasn’t big on their last one, but I’ve always thought they have a ton of potential, so I hope it’s good!

4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Hopefully this isn't a complete snoozefest

smowashere likes this.
  5. btr

Trusted Supporter

Right before their Warped run so I feel like it makes sense.

6. oldboot

Regular

I feel like this is going to either be unbelievably good or unbelievably bad

7. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Don’t really like this style of pop punk anymore, but I’ve recently been revisiting Album #2 and As It Is’ 2nd album and they’re both a lot better than I remember. Put me on the list as excited.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. btr

Trusted Supporter

“Dead and Gone” is out on non-US Spotifys.

9. I’m so excited for this. Bring on the single.

10. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Not seeing it in the UK yet, probably be up at midnight. Strayed quite far from newer bands in the genre, but their second album was catchy and a stack of fun to listen to for me.

11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Haven't seen it online yet but I'm definitely curious to hear a track from this... I've always enjoyed these guys a good amount but felt like they still have more potential than they've reached if that makes sense.

12. Well this may well be the catchiest song they've ever written. Pretty in line with the last record, maybe a BIT more polished but it's still familiar.

13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

It’s pretty aite. More or less what I expected but solid.

14. AlwaysEvolving21 Apr 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2018)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

New single sounds infected by the Feldmann. If so, we need a vaccine or everything will start sounding the same.

...Its not the worst song. Not into the whoa oh's though.

llllllllllllllll likes this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Mark Hoppus wrote two song with these guys for the album.

16. btr

Trusted Supporter

This is officially announced. June 15th is confirmed!

17. CheapPop

Regular

Songs pretty good but it sounds a lot like All Time Low. Not that that's a bad thing. But you can definitely tell Feldman produced this.

18. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Wish physical preorders came out at the same time as the album announcement.

ryanfears and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  19. This song doesn't play to any of their strengths and is there even a market for this kind of pop punk? Really weird move. I wish they would just go full pop or stick to writing TTTYG remakes.

I want for this to be enjoyable but my gut reaction to the song was a big no.

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this is probably my least favourite single of theirs ever. The first half of the song is really bad and generic and a total Feldmann-produced cliche, but the second half actually has some spine and was enjoyable.

Still hyped for the album as I'm sure it's not all like this and I tend to only like 5/6 songs an album anyway.

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. Neon Light

rage and love

I’m not seeing the song on Apple Music.

22. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Sounds literally just like All Time Low. These guys can do better than this.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

:chin:

P.S: I like it, I guess.

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hey fuck this band and their support of JJR!

Carrow, Snoblin, CoffeeEyes17 and 2 others like this.