Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

To discuss all non-movie Star Wars canon.

Timeline

Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    Obi Wan And Anakin (comic)
    Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    The Clone Wars (TV Show)
    Son Of Dathomir (comic, dark horse)
    Dark Disciple (novel)
    Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    Kanan (comic)
    Lords of the Sith (novel)
    Tarkin (novel)
    A New Dawn (novel)
    Rebels (TV show)
    Rouge One (Dec, 2016)
    Episode IV - A New Hope

Princess Leia (comic)
    Smugglers Run (book)
    Heir to the Jedi (novel)
    Chewbacca (comic)
    Weapon of a Jedi (book)
    Lando (comic)
    Star Wars (comic)
    Darth Vader (comic)
    Battlefront : Twilight Company (novel)
    Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
    Moving Target (book)
    Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
    Shattered Empire (comic)
    Aftermath (novel)
    Lost Stars (novel, spans from before A New Hope to around this time)
    Aftermath - life debt (novel, May 2016)
    Aftermath - Empire's End (novel, 2017)
    New Republic - Bloodline (novel, March 2016)
    Before the Awakening (book)
    Episode VII - The Force Awakens

The timeline here are the main stories of interest. There are a few other things that can be seen by clicking the timeline link. As you can see, there's already a decent amount of content out in less than a year.

KimmyGibbler likes this.
  2. I've just started Lost Stars and I'm really enjoying it. Aftermath was written in a style I just couldn't get down with. I recommend the 3 YA adventure stories as a starting point for those looking to get into new canon. Those are The Weapon Of A Jedi, Moving Target, and Smuggler's Run.

Who else is reading the new books?

3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I plan on getting to Aftermath soon hopefully. And the Marvel comics.

4. You always say that!

5. :zeb: :sabine: :kanan: :ezra: :hera: :chopper:

Greg and Jacob Tender like this.
  6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Hah true. I bought Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter today even though it's not part of this. It's highly likely I read the comics before Aftermath since I have a handful of advanced books right now I need to read first.

7. The Complete Conceptual History of the Millennium Falcon
    There are variations of that story. In some versions he was eating a burger at the time, in others he saw someone eating a burger. The gist remains the same and much like the dog-as-copilot origin story of Chewbacca it's compelling enough that it will likely stay around as part of Star Wars lore forever.

I don't buy it.

But the Falcon's conceptual development has always intrigued me because the conceptualization phase is unclear and hard to discern. I've researched this subject extensively over years and it's only recently I've been able to make out some sort of sensible process.

So this then is The Complete Conceptual History of The Millennium Falcon or How I Started Worrying and Lost My Mind Completely Over a Fictional Spaceship Someone Please Do Something Send Help Why Are You Still Reading Someone Do Something.

Well worth the evening read.

Deanna likes this.
  8. Love that blog.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Loving the Star Wars emojis. Who's been watching Rebels here? It was a while ago, but I interviewed Taylor Gray who plays :ezra: and anyone who's interested can check it out here. Really enjoying the show.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I should really read Shattered Empire

11. I am! I'm not caught up, but I've been really enjoying it. I need to watch more of it.

12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it's been great. Where are you at in it?

Fun fact: I actually went to hs with Taylor. Crazy and really awesome to see him doing this now. Main reason I started watching the show, but kept watching because it's been so good. I still need to dive into Clone Wars, though.

13. Not very far. Let me check ... season 1, episode 10 ... I have a lot to catch up on. If this :goldenstate: game continues on this pace to be an easy win, I may go watch some more!

Oh, that's awesome.

14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Definitely catch up on it! There's about 4 episodes left in season 2 I believe so maybe while it's between seasons you can finish.

15. That is totally my goal. Just being in the Star Wars universe/world on a consistent basis is so much fun.

Also :zeb:

16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I think the 100+ episodes of Clone Wars will keep me busy for a bit.

Zeb is great!

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. I'm so far behind on Rebels. Still haven't completely finished season 1. Decent up to where I stopped though. I am a huge Clone Wars fan, so I'm hoping the tone drops a bit. From what I hear on the SW podcasts I listen to, it has.

18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Any plans to discuss the show on your podcast once you catch up?

19. That will involve both Mike and I catching up. haha I think we may talk about The Clone Wars first though. He's watching through it. Neither episode will be out for a while, I'm sure. We're definitely not your Star Wars weekly news show (hint: yet). :zeb:

20. I wanted to share this passage from Lost Stars that I really liked. These books, in comparison to all of the Legends titles I've read through before, are really great.

21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Hah understandable. Still looking forward to the new episodes though!

22. We may record one tonight. Schedule has been tight with SXSW prep.

Deanna likes this.
  23. My mom's birthday present to me this year was awesome:

11872128_10100106769969381_5268272002915222307_o.jpg

I can't wait to dive into all these.

24. Started the first one tonight, wow, this is amazing and so in-depth.

25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

These look awesome! Although, quite pricey so I won't be getting them anytime soon hah.