Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 92

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. The first half of season 1 is pretty bad. The second half is pretty good.

Season 2 has been okay but nothing great.

bodkins and xapplexpiex like this.
  2. bodkins

Trusted

Yep

3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I’m getting heavy Firefly vibes from Rebels.

the general premise of a ragtag crew going on various missions, both for themselves and to better the general populace of a planet(s) under tyrannical control, even the crew itself (Hera=a combo of Mal/Wash, Kanan=Zoë, Zeb=Jayne, Sabine=Kaylee, and Ezra=River).

4. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Yep. Maul is still the best god damn character in the Star Wars universe. Just got to the "My Apprentice" scene in Rebels, Season 2.

Dodger likes this.
  5. Make sure you hit up the clone wars for more Maul when you are done Rebels.

6. MidDave

I've done most of Clone Wars but it's been a long time. So i'll def check that out again. Clone Wars is genuinely what made me fall in love with the character.

Dodger likes this.
  7. MidDave

God damn Rebels is good though.

RJ Knorr, Dodger and Greg like this.
  8. the last 5 mins of the season 2 finale is top tier stuff

aoftbsten, RJ Knorr and Dodger like this.
  9. MidDave

That. Was. Incredible.

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I still remember that teaser for the Tatooine episode of Rebels, and it was just that blood-curdling "KENOBI" scream. That shit gave me chillllllllls.

RJ Knorr and Dodger like this.
  11. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Re-watching Rebels and it's sooooo damn good yall.

Dodger likes this.
  12. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Twilight of the Apprentice is my single favorite Star Wars above absolutely anything.

RJ Knorr and Dodger like this.
  13. bodkins

Trusted

Doing my full canon rewatch and today was The World Between Worlds. This last bit of Rebels season 4 is seriously top notch.

RJ Knorr, coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  14. oakhurst Nov 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 20, 2019)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Making A STAR WARS Film Is Difficult Due To A Lack Of Comics And Novels Says Lucasfilm President

ignore the trash headline

"Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack. There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. We don’t have 800-page novels. We don’t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be. We go through a really normal development process that everybody else does. You start by talking to filmmakers who you think exhibit the sensibilities that you’re looking for."

I guess we'll probably never get film adaptions of stories that already exist in games or novels.

15. bodkins

Trusted

God their headlines are trash haha. Honestly, I’m not really sure I would want adaptions of legends material. A vast majority of it is “eh” at best. I prefer their approach now of bringing back bits and pieces. Allows them to mine the best parts (Thrawn) and avoid the worst.

16. I'd be down for bring in elements of existing stories. Give me something revolving around Dash Rendar and his Outrider. A comic series, a book or two, have him show up in a show.

17. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Bring back Dash and Kyle Katarn.

18. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

There was a time (in between the prequels and the Disney era) where I would constantly think about how they could continue the saga and adapt the books. There were SO many books at that point.

even if they skipped to the New Jedi Order era character wise, how could they adapt a 20+ books series? I wanted it, but didn’t think it could ever happen in a satisfying way. Then Legacy of the Force happened which could maybe be turned into a trilogy, but I hated what they did with Jacen. I guess it rhymed, but it bothered me. Maybe that was the point? That’s only two of the major series...

so in a way, I’m glad we won’t get adaptions. I just don’t think it’s possibly yo do the story justice. I guess Marvel pulls it off, but it feels different to me. Don’t know why.

I do like how they have used Thrawn and stuff like that from legends.

At this point, I do kind of want to move forward and see something totally new.

bodkins likes this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I just dislike this solely because we may never get KOTR in film or tv

20. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I’d rather see something new, even if it’s set in that era.

21. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I don’t care about whether they adapt stories really, I kinda just want see all the characters that I grew up reading about realized in some way.

Thrawn is an excellent example showing that it can be done.

22. NitrateDawn

Regular

I love KotOR and the character of Revan so much, and the whole history of the Mandalorian Wars maybe my favorite backstory to anything ever. But anytime I start thinking about a movie version of it I'm reminded of just how video game-y most of the plot is. The whole "go to these 4 places and collect pieces of a map" thing is not very cinematic at all, and if they made a movie version of it I'm sure they'd need to significantly alter plot, possibly to the point where it's not even the thing we all love anymore. Not saying it can't be done well, just think it would be reallllllly diffucult, more than a lot of people realize

23. ship90

Trusted

Joe4th likes this.
  24. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

How long before the opening of The Force Awakens does the Battle of Jakku take place?