Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 90

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That show has some of my favorite moments in all of Star Wars. Enjoy!

RJ Knorr and Dodger like this.
  2. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

yeah it’s really been scratching that itch for me while I wait for the movies. I was telling Greg I’m at the point where Vader senses Ashoka is still alive and I was like OMGGGG

RJ Knorr and aoftbsten like this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Love that moment and it's not even one of those top moments I'm referring to. The best is still yet to come!

Greg and Dodger like this.
  4. NitrateDawn

Regular

It only gets so so much better

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

What do we have to do to get Ashoka back on TV?

RJ Knorr and aoftbsten like this.
  6. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I’m down for an animated series with her and Sabine in the unknown regions searching for Ezra, but I personally don’t want Ahsoka live action. Just don’t think it’d look great and would look cosplay-ish if Ashley did it, and I’d only want her to ever play Ahsoka

coleslawed and RJ Knorr like this.
  7. Dodge725

Trusted

Been playing a lot of Jedi Fallen Order and it’s really good. The exploration is really fun and the story is interesting, but to this point is a little thinner than I expected. It’s more lore than story to this point but I’m still early on so that probably will change. The most surprising thing to me was the difficulty of the combat. I started on normal and was dying so much that I had to put it on easy. I don’t play games like Dark Souls that are know for their combat difficulty so it was pretty jarring.

bodkins likes this.
  8. Dodge725

Trusted

Update on Fallen Order: About 10 minutes after posting the above, the story got really good and hasn’t let up since. The underrated highlight of the game has been the creatures so far. There’s a ton of super cool and super weird creatures that really add a lot to the feel of the game. Should finish tomorrow I think.

TSLROCKS, coleslawed and bodkins like this.
  9. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Spoil the story for me, please!

10. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Here’s a play through of Fallen Order for anyone that won’t be buying it but wants to see it. (Don’t know how to embed on mobile, so I’ll edit it when I get to my laptop)

Greg likes this.
  11. Greg Nov 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 17, 2019)
    Greg

I was about to go looking for one as I thought a complete one could be online by now. Thanks!

Edit: never mind. This is just dialogue and cut scenes. I want gameplay as well.

12. Dodge725

Trusted

Finished Fallen Order and it ends super strong. BD-1 is adorable, the exploration is great, and the environments are really interesting. The story is really good in that there are high stakes, but it’s not the most pivotal thing for the universe. My biggest complaint is honestly there’s so much packed into the last half, including an awesome new character that I really want to see more of, that the first half is just ok and some of the second half ideas/info could have been introduced earlier. I’ll type up a synopsis later that’s spoiler tagged for anyone who want to know the story.

coleslawed and ship90 like this.
  13. QueSuertejazz

Regular Supporter

Fallen Order’s escape Order 66 mission got me

ship90 likes this.
  14. How many hours is the story? And once you beat it is there any reason to revisit it?

15. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I hear this idea that it wouldn't look great in live-action so often but like, it makes no sense to me? Shaak Ti looked pretty decent on-screen 20 years ago. The aliens on The Mandalorian looks great. The technology is there. Maybe it's because she's my favorite Star Wars character but I'd love to see her in live-action.

Dodger likes this.
  16. Dodger

Understandable and I agree Shaka Ti looked alright. It’s more that (as much as I love her acting/as a person) I don’t think Ashley would look right as Ashoka and wouldn’t want another actress to portray her either. It sounds superficial and in no way am I saying she’s not good looking enough because she obviously is but i just don’t think she has the right “look” and that is important in casting.

17. Greg

If they end up doing Ahsoka and Sabine in the unknown regions looking for Ezra in live action they will absolutely recast all of them.

Ashley is AWESOME! Along with Taylor and Tiya. But I don’t see Disney going with the voice actors if this were to happen.

18. If rather keep anything with those characters as a cartoon

RJ Knorr and Dodger like this.
  19. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Watched all of the cut scenes from Fallen Order and wow... really enjoyed it. Anything with the clones or the younglings was a gut punch. Lol at the Saw appearance. Trilla was rad. There is a lot of backtracking in this game tho. Also this reminds me I need to check out Vader Immortal

20. Dodge725

Trusted

Probably about 18-20 hours on easy. I still have about 15% of the collectibles left to get which is the only post game content. I probably will go back and 100% it in the next few days and will revisit it in a few months taking it slower. There’s no secret ending or anything.

21. Dodger

Agreed they are awesome! and I actually wouldn’t mind Tiya Sircar or Taylor Gray reprising in live action. They kind of look like their characters, but yea definitely prefer just another animated show close to animation of Rebels

22. Greg

For anyone who wants to watch the full game, gameplay and cut scenes. He is only up to part 7, but he says he will be finishing the game. This was the best option I’ve found.

23. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I'm really glad this game is good. There is always so much doubt surrounding Star Wars games ever since EA came into the picture (even though the new BF2 has recovered quite well). I just got Fallen Order on PC and I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

24. Dodge725

Trusted

Jedi Fallen Order Synopsis for those who are curious:
    Cal Kestis is a Jedi in hiding on a scrapper planet when he uses his powers to save a coworker. He's outed by that and chased by the Inquisitors: the Second Sister and the Ninth Sister. He's saved by Cere Junda, a former Jedi cut off from the Force, and Greeves, the pilot. They bring him to a world with an ancient force user vault where he meets BD-1, a droid containing the recordings of Jedi Master Cordova who studied the ancient force uses. Cordova had a premonition of the Jedi Purge when he was inside the vault and hid a Holocron there that contains the names and locations of Force Sensitive children, but in order to access it, Cal must follow Cordova's studies of this ancient culture, while also relearning how to be a Jedi. Cal and Cere want to use the Holocron to restart the Jedi Order. The team goes to Zeffo and finds a tomb, then goes to Kashykk and helps Saw Guerra. A second tomb is found on Zeffo, in which Cal fights the Second Sister who is revealed to be Trilla, Cere's previous apprentice. During the Purge, Cere was captured and tortured by the Empire and specifically, a "dark evil figure" and gave up the location of Trilla and some younglings. Cal gets upset with her for not telling him the entire story. She explains that after seeing Trilla turn into an Inquisitor, Cere tapped into the Dark Side and escaped, but cut herself off from the Force because of it. Cal then goes back to Kashykk and fights/kills the Ninth Sister. He then learns the artifact that will unlock the Vault is on Dathomir. He goes to enter the Vault and is forced to relive Order 66 where his master died protecting him. In anger and out of guilt, he destroys the lightsaber he's been using, which belonged to his former master. Also on Dathomir, it is revealed a former Jedi has taken control of the Nightbrothers and allied with the last remaining Nightsister, Merrin. Cere then brings Cal to Ilum where he undergoes The Gathering and builds himself a new lightsaber and finds the Empire has been mining the kyber crystals. Cal returns to Dathomir and reenters the tomb with new resolve as a Jedi after his experience during The Gathering. Cal teams up with Merrin to kill the fallen Jedi leading the Nightbrothers and claim the artifact. Merrin joins the crew and her and Cal seem to have feeling sfor each other. They then return to the vault where Cal gets a premonition that if he tries to rebuild the Order, he will be found, the Younglings will be killed/captured, and he will be turned into an Inquisitor. Second Sister/Trilla then shows up in the Vault and takes the Holocron. Cal and Cere then go to the Inquisitor Base to retrieve the Holocron where Cal defeats Trilla and reclaims the Holocron. Cere apologizes to Trilla who seems to have some remorse only for Vader to show up and kill her. Cal tries to fight Vader, but gets wrecked and runs away only for Cere to save him by tapping into the Dark Side again. Cal convinces her to return to the light and they barely escape Vader. On the ship they open the Holocron and immediately destroy it, leaving the fates of those children to the Force.

coleslawed and Greg like this.
  25. Greg

I forgot how sassy Kanan is with Hera at the start of season 2. Damn, Kanan!

Dodger likes this.