Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 88

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Idk if anybody watches but Kens bringing Ace Cabrera and Emma Fyffe as the newest members of Jedi Council on Collider. I can finally be excited for that show again and in perfect time for a new wave of Star Wars content.

2. Has anyone gone back to watch the trailer for Phantom Menace? It is garbage. One of the worst trailers I have ever seen. Probably a product of it being 20 years ago, but damn it's bad.

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yea, all the prequel ones aren't that great. Definitely a product of the time.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Man that trailer got 8-year-old me hyped beyond belief back in the day

Zilla and coleslawed like this.
  5. Dodger

I think 2 and 3 are worse and legit give away the whole movie with laying out the most important plot points with dialogue from the movie lol

6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Just over halfway through Resistance Reborn. Digging it so far. And easily the first book I’ve read in new canon to really utilize all types of Star Wars media and what they put forth. That’s all I’ll say on that to avoid spoilers.

bodkins and FlayedManOfSF like this.
  7. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

About 3/4 through myself. Loving it so far.

Greg likes this.
  8. Greg

Finished Resistance Reborn.

I think the book was pretty solid. It was a good adventure for Poe. Rey is in it very little. The focus on other large chunks is sort of a spoiler, so I won’t get into it, but I liked it a lot. No huge reveals, but if just a taste of what we see here gets shown in TROS I’ll be pretty damn happy, but I suspect the details will be played down in the movie if there at all.

as we have heard before, books like this are written well after the script for a movie is done and probably mostly shot. So I hope the author did what the people who wrote that legends of Luke Skywalker book did. I hope they set up things we will see in the movie and have people or things on screen feel more significant because of what the book showed us.

bodkins and Dodger like this.
  9. Finished the episode I binge mode podcast and on to the JarJar one. Very good stuff - the hosts are very entertaining.

I'd be interested in them doing a podcast about how star wars culture has become pretty toxic and dive into that.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

that’d be a great question for their Ask The Underscore Q &A

11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

aoftbsten likes this.
  12. Dodge725

Trusted

About halfway through Resistance Reborn and I’m loving it. Where Rise of Skywalker looks to be the end of this era of movies, this feels like the end of this era of the extended canon. Every page and character reveal brings a smile to my face as a canon junkie. This is the perfect response to those who think “I don’t feel rewarded by the movies for reading all of the canon material” while still being accessible to new readers. Will definitely finish it this weekend.

Dodger likes this.
  13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

spiffa0 likes this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

coleslawed and spiffa0 like this.
  15. Makes sense, he would need to teach obiwan how to force ghost

bodkins and Dodger like this.
  16. Heyyy Paul F Thomkins in the new episode of resistance

coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
  17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I thought I recognized his voice.

18. bodkins

Trusted

Mandalorian has sort of overshadowed it for me, but we’re only two days away from Jedi Fallen Order. Game looks great, I’m really eager to play.

coleslawed, teebs41 and spiffa0 like this.
  19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

20. The episode of Rebels where the inquisitors are hunting the younglings has that incredible scene where the docking bay door opens and Ahsoka appears and ignites her white lightsabers. I really hope we get more of her announced sometime soon.

If I was doing a Star Wars character power ranking, my top 5 right now would be

1. Ahsoka
    2. Kylo Ren
    3. Clone Wars/Rebels era Maul
    4. Ventress
    5. Clone Wars era Anakin

But it would change daily depending on my mood.

coleslawed, Dodger and RJ Knorr like this.
  21. Greg

Watched the first episode of Rebels on my lunch break to start my slow rewatch of Rebels. I’m gonna be watching various Disney movies in between it all.

but I haven’t watched Rebels since the finale and it was so fun to see the whole crew again.

bodkins and teebs41 like this.
  22. NitrateDawn

Regular

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I saw this on Reddit and thought it was gold

F67CB229-A7ED-422F-9602-9CF8E8644E05.png

24. So are we thinking the rise of Skywalker picks up where Galaxy's edge black spire ends?

25. Dodger

Thats initially what I thought too but I think the end of Black Spire is essentially where the theme park comes in. So at the park Kylo and the troops are around looking for Vi Idk how the story would go from there with the base and everything and then how far after TROS takes place but I think thats what the ending implies