Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 87

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I had that thought, too. But I really really don’t want that so I didn’t bring it up haha

2. bodkins Oct 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 29, 2019)
    bodkins

Trusted

George doesn’t collect any money when they use existing characters. This was a rumor that’s run pretty rampant, but Disney got all those rights when they paid him 4 billion.

Edit: if anything he may get some royalties from being a part of the writers guild, but it’s nothing like “25% of profits when an OT character is used” like some YouTubers like to spout conspiracy theories about.

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  3. Dodger Oct 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 29, 2019)
    Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. If that is the case then I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if the Mandalorian is boba. Def not hoping for it tho

bodkins likes this.
  4. bodkins

Trusted

No problem, I had heard the same rumor so I figured I could pass what I knew along.

I wouldn’t have a problem with him being Boba, but I don’t think they’re gonna go that way.

There’s a scene in the new trailer with the super battle droid. It could be present day in regard to the show, but I wonder if it’s a flashback to the clone wars and the kid in the shot is The Mandalorian as a child. I’ll attach screenshots.

Attached Files:

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Super battle droids!

Naturally the next question:

Where are those droidekas?!

6. Dodger

I’d welcome droidekas coming back any time. Imagine if one got reprogrammed and became a consistent villain character as a henchman or something.

7. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

The Mandalorian is not Fett. Pedro Pascal is a light-skinned Chilean actor. Boba Fett is a dark-skinned Māori. You can stop thinking about that possibility.

And Boba Fett isn't even a real Mandalorian!

Dodger likes this.
  8. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Also, if Boba were to pop up again, wouldn't it make more sense for it to be Temuera Morrison? He's a clone....

9. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

An aged down Temuera Morrison or Daniel Logan are the only choices here.

10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Would Morrison even need to be aged down? How old is Boba in ESB/ROTJ? And how long after that does Mandalorin take place?

11. bodkins

Trusted

He’d be early 40s

12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Hmm. I like the idea of Boba as an older, grizzled Deathstroke type bounty hunter.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

He didn't look like a spring chicken in Aquaman but I suppose he could play early 40s if they used a lot of makeup. Personally I think you keep Daniel Logan as Boba as loyalty to the actor.

aoftbsten likes this.
  14. Just watched this past weeks resistance and man what a boring episode. Definition of filler. Bummer because the last few have been fairly strong.

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The last one definitely felt like filler.

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

17. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Binge Mode is fucking killing it on their Star Wars podcasts. I just started listening to them and they're my favorite.

coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
  18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've been loving it too. I did not expect this big of a deep dive, but it's been awesome.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  19. FlayedManOfSF Nov 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 4, 2019)
    FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Honestly I'd never heard of them before the Star Wars deep dives and I'm going back thru their Harry Potter book deep-dives because I don't have time to read thru HP again and really felt like it. Mallory and Jason are smart and entertaining, really love them as podcasters.

coleslawed and Deanna like this.
  20. Damn just looked that podcast up and downloaded all the star wars ones. Thanks for bringing it up.

Dodger likes this.
  21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Mallory and Jason* (just so ya know). I’ve been loving the Star Wars ones too. Doing HP at a little slower rate since I’m covering the books on my podcast as I have time to re-read them. Managed to get through four of them, but only listened to the Sorcerer’s Stone episodes of Binge Mode so far.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  22. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Thanks, I edited it. I knew I'd gotten it wrong.

Deanna likes this.
  23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Can’t wait for work to be over so I can start Resistance Reborn

bodkins likes this.
  24. Oh damn I didn't realize that came out today. I'll have to go pick it up. Still working through Galaxy's Edge.

I finished the Master and Apprentice audio book last night and I highly recommend it.

Dodger likes this.
  25. Dodger

I started Resistance Reborn on audible and had to return it. I loved Black Spires narration but for some reason didn’t like this one. Maybe it’s a male voice doing Rey and Leias voice? It kind of was distracting. Am gonna do text even though it’ll take longer.