Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 84

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. bodkins

Trusted

That’s ... good news.

About time for a thread?

2. Dodge725

Trusted

Just watched the documentary Empire of Dreams for the first time about the making of the Original Trilogy and it was fantastic. It’s on Amazon Prime Video now for anyone who hasn’t seen it.

bodkins and Dodger like this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

FE62B6F5-DEFB-4C7E-AF9D-AA1282AF870B.jpeg

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  4. Does Galaxy's edge black spire ever get good?

5. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

It definitely starts slower but I’m really digging it. I also really liked Phasma though and just love Vi and Archex as characters and have loved their continued stories and arcs. I also dig Vi’s challenge of convincing people to join her when the entire outpost wants to stay out of it because it doesn’t affect them directly m. Also I I’m glad I’m listening to the audiobook cause I don’t think I would like it as much in text.

I’m about an hour from finishing and excited to see how it ends up.

spiffa0 likes this.
  6. I'm not very far, the first 50 pages haven't done much for me but I shall continue on

7. Dodger

Oh yea takes longer than that. I’ll admit the beginning is almost just an ad for Galaxys Edge at times lol

8. ship90

Trusted Supporter

New Charles Soule comic sounds interesting :eyes:

Also a new Thrawn trilogy and Clone Wars anthology (among many other things!)

bodkins likes this.
  9. bodkins

Trusted

This is gonna be fun. I’ve enjoyed the main comic line, but was beginning to wonder how much shit was really gonna go down between IV and V. Also gives me hope in a few years we’ll get some stories Post-ROTJ (as in, not long after).

10. Shadows of the empire was already perfect. Should stay Canon.

bodkins likes this.
  11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

It hasn’t been canon for years.

12. ...I know. It should still be imo.

13. Dodger Oct 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2019)
    Dodger

Alrighty then so I just finished Black Spire and while as I mentioned it’s slow to start I ended up loving it. Definitely not one of my favs or anything and a smaller story but still loved the characters, story, and how it all wrapped up.

I would definitely not be surprised if we end up going to Batuu in episode 9 just for the built in marketing.

14. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I'm re-reading (via audiobook - relistening?) Lost Stars and holy shit this story is so amazing and heartbreaking I love it so much.

Dodger likes this.
  15. Greg

I picked up Spark of the Resistance today. Anybody read it yet? I’m sure it’ll be a quick read.

16. Greg Oct 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 6, 2019)
    Greg

Welp, already finished. It is a kids book.

not a lot really noteworthy. But I’ll spoil tag a few thoughts, ramblings.

-Rose is very much alive and out of her coma(or whatever it was), so I don’t expect much of any explanation in 9. I think she will just be doing whatever she is doing.
    -there are still porgs on the Falcon at this time. Seems like a few months post TLJ.
    -apparently the Empire had a technology that could control a new alien species we meet in the book. But it’s destroyed, so whatever.
    - Poe mentions missing his x-wing like a billion times. Not noteworthy, but that’s like his thing in this book.
    -Rey struggles with consistently connecting to the Force around her. It says she always feels it in her, but connecting it outside of her is unpredictable. Whatever that means.
    -BB-8 makes fun of Poe a lot. I dig it.
    -the resistance has gotten a few corellian and mon cal ships to restart a new fleet.

that’s kind of it.

bodkins and Dodger like this.
  17. Dodger

Thanks for the info. I’ll probably skip this one. Still so pumped for resistance reborn

18. Greg

Yea, it’s not one anyone needs to rush out to read. I was a little let down by it. The other books that have been published at that level were much better from my recollection.

now to wait a month for Resistance Reborn.

Dodger likes this.
  19. Dodger

Yea as of the first episode of season 2 resistance still is just not my thing.

20. Thought the first ep was pretty good. Still too skapsticky and Kaz is an idiot for sending that message.

bodkins likes this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

First episode was about on par with the 1st half of the 1st season. Good but nothing special. I'm hoping it regains the steam that the back half of season one had.

bodkins likes this.
  22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

23. Dodger Oct 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 13, 2019)
    Dodger

While we wait for Mandalorian and Episode 9, get your Star Wars fix by watching this documentary by Jaime Stangroom trying to figure out what actor hit his head in A New Hope. Three different actors claim they are the one. Even has two take a polygraph test. Its fucking awesome and highly recommend it. So funny. And criminally only has 17k views. Enjoy it and SHARE IT!

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  24. Good episode of resistance last night

Dodger and bodkins like this.
  25. Dodger

just finished and def enjoyed it more. Tam's turn back is inevitable but im def interested in how they do it.