Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 83

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

if they bring that cartoon style back I’d be down.

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

3. Dodge725

Trusted

They didn’t move too fast, Bob just made a terrible choice not letting them move Solo to Christmas because he believed in Mary Poppins way too much. They’ve had 3 really successful films and one that, while not profitable because they had to shoot it twice, still ended up being well liked by most fans. It’s a little concerning the “lessons” Disney is learning. Just let Lucasfilm do their thing.

coleslawed, Dodger and bodkins like this.
  4. I didn't read the article but the headline is kind of weird. Solo was bad but they will have three good to great movies in the trilogy and an okay Rogue One. Rebels is great, Resistance started out bad but ended great, The Mandalorian looks great, more Clone Wars, most of the books have been good to great, I haven't read any of the comics but they seem pretty popular in here at least, etc. I don't think they moved too fast at all.

5. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Yeah the reaction to one sub par movie financially has been ridiculous. That said it’s probably why obi wan is getting a series over one movie so I’m not too upset. I still wish we were getting one movie per year but all the shows will help.

bodkins likes this.
  6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I don't think any of this would be a conversation if Solo had been moved to December. That being said, if the strategy is now to take all these spin-off ideas and have them be series/limited series, I'm okay with it. I prefer movies to shows, but I'm happy we get more content somewhere. I do like it when Star Wars movies feel like a big cultural event and this move will help the future trilogies feel like that.

coleslawed, bodkins and Dodger like this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Same. I want the films to feel like events again

8. ship90 Sep 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2019)
    ship90

Trusted

Kevin Feige teaming up with Lucasfilm to make a SW film? Wowza

Edit:
    @aoftbsten kindly including where the news broke

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

For reference:

10. ship90

Trusted

Very curious as to which actor it is Kevin Feige has previously spoken to about being in a SW movie. The possibilities

11. bodkins

Trusted

Damn wasn’t expecting that news.

ship90 likes this.
  12. Cmoney86

Trusted

Disney is insane for doing this but hopefully it’s what Star Wars needs

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Very nice

14. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Idk. I’m feeling a little apprehensive right now. We have official announcements of Benioff and Weiss trilogy but also a Rian Johnson trilogy that has no definite dates, a reported KOTOR movie(s), and now this....but they keep repeating they moved to fast with the movies and are going to slow down. And not do one movie a year

Just feels conflicting. Wish we didn’t have to wait until next Celebration for official news which is when I expect things to be more concrete.

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Feige could be producing one of the films that Benioff and Weiss are making. That said, any of the listed above films are at least 3 years away.

coleslawed and bodkins like this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I’m also just confused by this. Could be part of a preexisting announcement, could be something completely different. Who knows, but I’m assuming everything will be a little more clear by next Celebration.

17. The best producer of all time got the second best to jump over for something. Super cool.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m really interesting in the Feige-produced film. Kennedy wanting Feige involved must mean that the film is expected to be something else.

19. NitrateDawn

Regular

Eh. I really do think he's a genius producer from a business standpoint but I'm not a big fan of the storytelling in Marvel movies. This whole time I've been hoping Star Wars wouldn't go the Marvel route. But hopefully he does something a little different with this

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm not a huge Marvel fan either, but I certainly have to give credit to Feige for what he's created. That being said, I don't think this necessarily think this means Star Wars is going to carbon copy the Marvel model. For all we know, this is literally one movie. Kennedy is still in charge overall. I also think the structure of superhero storytelling and Star Wars (while they certainly contain similarities) are different in a way that would prevent Star Wars from truly being able to carbon copy the Marvel style.

Dodger and ship90 like this.
  21. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

That article was fucking horrible though. Implying Disney wants to fire KK but can't because she's a woman - get out of her with that trash. Also saying TLJ was unsuccessful in the same sentence as 94% positive reviews and 1.3 Billion worldwide. For fuck's sake.

Jason Tate, Dodger, bodkins and 2 others like this.
  22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It is odd to see THR report that

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t think the film will be similar to Marvel films. It’s just a case of Feige being a fan and (through Disney) developed a professional relationship with Kennedy that the two decided on working together. I think a film produced by both Feige and Kennedy would be great. I wouldn’t mind if Kennedy stepped over and produced a few Marvel films after this.

aoftbsten likes this.
  24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’d be down for both of them

Petit nain des Îles and ship90 like this.
  25. Damn resistance season two starts next sunday

aoftbsten and bodkins like this.