Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

My Walmart usually gets the latest stuff first. But they generally only get like one at a time so I gotta grab them when I see them. I saw the new Luke one but I didn't like the way it looked at all.

2. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

every walmart i've ever seen always has nothing. and if they have anything it's the older stuff. Walgreens is the only place i've seen within like a 100 mile radius that gets the new Star Wars stuff.

3. If you catch an extra set of the new Walgreens pops, grab em for me!

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

5. It would be nice if they include some one player campaign or something

6. Greg

Which ones are you looking for? I drop by Walgreens fairly often.

Attached Files:

8. cbow52

i'll check next time i go. They got in a box of them (2 sets) last week, but i had already traded for most of the set already, so i only picked up the AT-AT driver. I freaking love this set though. Plo Koon and Kit Fisto are awesome.

THIS is what i want.
    some sort of single player mode like the original star wars battlefront. that was fun. i want to be able to unlock stuff in multiplayer through single player (add in the addition to co-op the "campain") I also want all Star Wars from the prequels to the sequels including the television shows. I want to go to Naboo or Hoth, play with Qui Gonn Ginn or Finn.

I also want multiplayer that's similar play style to what we currently have now, but with WAAAAAAAAYYYY more customization, power ups, characters, classes, and weapon loadouts. We also have to have in game chat ability. Why that's not an option on this one is crazy.

I'd never stop playing a game where i can choose between different classes (with different skill sets) Smuggler, bounty hunter, solider, force user and within those skill sets be able to customize your own character, chose species and gender (with a good amount of options), choose a customized loadout with customized weapons. I also want to be able to unlock things as i go. So basically every good muliplayer game i've ever played in one done with star wars lol.

9. cbow52

Also, i finally finished Bloodline after re reading every section basically and taking my time, and i'm 100% sure it's my favorite novel so far, and it's honestly not even close for me. I love it. So much great stuff in there, and Claudia Grey just wrote this so perfectly. I felt like i was watching a movie most of the time. The non Leia characters were great. The repercussions of the story were the best of any book. And even though we know where things end up with TFA, it was like having a crucial part of the prequels story told to you before you got to see the movies themselves.

There's a ton of tidbits that every star wars fan should know if for nothing else than to further educate your episode 8 theories.

All my theories went right out the door with this book and i freaking love that. 9/10

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I haven't read any of the new canon books yet. Sounds like I need to check out Bloodline though.

11. Greg

My Walgreens has/had all those

12. How much would it cost me to buy and ship? Feel free to PM.

13. cbow52

are you still looking for these? They have all but the AT-AT driver at my walgreens.

also, enjoying your latest podcast.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  14. I actually grabbed the whole set, thank you!

And thanks for listening to the show!

15. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Bought Bloodline today. Who knows when I'll get to it with the (virtual) pile of books I need to review right now. Really looking forward to it though.

16. My wife and I watched all of the movies over the weekend. It's the first time in a long time that I watched the prequels. I can confidently say that Attack of the Clones is the worst out of the three (in my opinion). Regardless of how irrelevant Episode I was, Attack of the Clones was just 10x worse. The only good thing to come out of the prequels is The Clone Wars TV show (which is phenomenal).

One thing that I caught on my watch is that Jango Fett said he was recruited by someone named Tyrannus. Then at the end of the movie Palpatine refers to Dooku as Tyrannus. I knew the two were the same from watching the clone wars show, but it was just something I never picked up on when watching the movies previously.

17. So Bloodline was really good. Nice to get a glimpse of what prompted the start of the Resistance and some more back story to the First Order.

18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Just finished up season two of Clone Wars. It's been a bit of a process with so many episodes hah. Still 77 more to go. But it's been good so far.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  19. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

It only gets better from there. Season 3 is when Ahsoka really comes into her own.

20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I watched a few into season 3. Seemed weird to start with the clone training but made a lot more sense the next episode when the facility was attacked haha.

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Clone Wars gets better pretty much every season.

Deanna likes this.
  22. cbow52

If you're really into the clone wars there are some really good extras that came on the DVDs. They're on YouTube and some are pretty revealing.

Deanna likes this.
  23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

May have to check these out on YouTube. I've just been binge watching via Netflix.

24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I've always been a fan of the movies, games, collectibles, etc...but have never picked up any novels/comics.

I was looking at the timeline and there's definitely a lot of reading there. Any recs on where to start? Or just what you think might be the best reads out of the bunch?

25. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Darth Vader comic. Lost Stars, Lords of the Sith for novels.