Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 79

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Dodge725

Trusted

Excited for S2 of Resistance, but if they’re already ending it, then I’m guessing there’s another animated show coming soon. Fingers crossed for it being the search for Ezra and Thrawn.

2. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Wonder if thats something thatll be announced at D23

3. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I am so bummed Resistance is leaving. Kaz is my 2nd favorite character in the new cannon besides Rey. I'm gonna miss this show.

4. bodkins

Trusted

I was shooting the shit with a coworker the other day about how I hoped Resistance did 3 seasons and then the team moved on to Ahsoka and Sabine looking for Ezra. If they wanna go ahead and head that direction now I’d be cool with that.

5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m a big Trek fan and am trying to get more into the Star Wars fandom. I’ve seen all the movies and a few episodes of Clone Wars. What other in-canon stuff would you recommend that’s important to the overall story?

Dodger likes this.
  6. bodkins

Trusted

TCW and Rebels are both great. If you’re just interested in picking and choosing your way through The Mortis arc (TCW 3.15-3.17) is a must watch.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

It’s not on Prime, Hulu, or Netflix, so I guess I’ll check my library. Thanks.

8. Dodger

In 3 months everything I think will be on Disney PLus if you end up pairing your Hulu with it. Other than that if your a reader books like Bloodline and Lost Stars are a good start

xapplexpiex likes this.
  9. Dodger Aug 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2019)
    Dodger

Btw just curious how did you enjoy the all the movies? Any ranking or just favs?

xapplexpiex likes this.
  10. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I like them all. I have no nostalgic attachment to the originals, and I understand why they are classics, but I love TFA and TLJ the most. I don’t mind the prequels. They set up a lot of lore and mythos to Star Wars. Episode 3 is actually pretty legit.

coleslawed, aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  11. bodkins

Trusted

Yea you’re not gonna find it on any of those, gotta wait for Disney+. I use kiss cartoons website in the meantime.

12. Dodger Aug 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2019)
    Dodger

Rad. Glad you dig them. And yea I think many would agree with me that The Clone Wars series made them love the prequel era. As I’ve heard Sam Witwer say and agree the prequels simply had way too much story to fit into three movies. TCW isn’t perfect but it does allow you to truly understand the characters better and all the complexities and politics of the era.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  13. ship90 Aug 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2019)
    ship90

Trusted

Edit: maybe this will work

:upside:

14. Dodger

15. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Please stop teasing me with this stuff, Disney. Announce it or officially say it’s not happening. I just want an answer at this point.

coleslawed, bodkins and Dodger like this.
  16. bodkins

Trusted

Would really enjoy Ewan coming back. He’s definitely the biggest highlight of the prequels.

Petit nain des Îles and Dodger like this.
  17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Oh boy, I crossing my fingers that this one is true. I'm not gonna start celebrating until we get an official confirmation though.

bodkins and Dodger like this.
  18. I'd be down for an Obi Wan mini series. Something like 8 episodes.

19. ship90

Trusted

coleslawed, Greg, bodkins and 2 others like this.
  20. Dodger

i guess thats a good sign that hes still talking about it like its happening. I doubt this will happen but if we get news of RJs trilogy at D23...I will most certainly cry the nerdiest tears of joy.

21. Dodger

[​IMG]

coleslawed and bodkins like this.
  22. Yes

23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Until Disney/Lucasfilm confirm it, I’m not gonna celebrate.

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I know they wanna slow down on films, & television is all the rage, & they wanna hype up Disney+, but, like...

I really think Obi Wan would be better suited for a relatively smaller standalone film.

There's not a lot of story to tell w/ the character. I want another Ewan Obi Wan thing 'cause he's great & I want a way to enjoy him outside of the awful prequel trilogy, but there's not much to do w/ him. All that makes sense is like one quick little grounded Tattooine mission w/out any like Maul or Vader, & I think a miniseries would pad that more than I'd want. Just give me one western-feeling 2-hr adventure.

aoftbsten likes this.
  25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I’m in this boat too. His character probably feels a huge amount of guilt because of Anakin at the same time could be over eager to train Luke to redeem himself. There’s definitely some story to tell there, but I’m not sure it warrants more than a few hours.

Of course, while I prefer it in movie form, I’d still be thrilled with a mini series. I think five episodes max is how I’d lean though.