Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Tweet Pablo and ask.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Picked up Lost Stars and Dark Disciple from my library today. They had Lords of the Sith as well, but I figured these two would keep me busy for now. Hoping to start one of them tomorrow.

4. Lost Stars is really good

Deanna likes this.
  5. So good. I'm determined to finish it tomorrow.

6. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Bloodlines comes out next week and it's by Claudia Gray also. I can't wait.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  7. I finished Lost Stars. This book was really something great. It doesn't add much to the larger story, but it's fascinating to read about two lives intertwined with both sides of the war. Awesome book. Can't wait for Bloodlines.

8. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Someone mind explaining to me about this new Rogue One movie that's coming out in December? Is it supposed to be as big / hyped as Episode VII was, or is it just kinda filler until Episode VIII? I thought I had read somewhere that VII, VIII, and IX were supposed to come out yearly - but I guess not?

9. 2015 - EP VII
    2016 - Rogue One (anthology story that takes place before EP IV
    2017 - EP VIII
    2018 - Anthology Film (likely a young Han Solo feature)
    2019 - EP VIIII
    2020 - Anthology Film (likely Boba Fett)

crunchprank likes this.
  10. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

That's a lotta star wars :hearteyes:

Jacob Tender likes this.
  11. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Alright, didn't get to Dark Disciple yesterday, but starting it now. Then Lost Stars will be up next.

12. Rogue One isn't going to be as big as an episodic movie, but that doe
    its going to be a great decade. :pondathumb:

13. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

They plan to have a star wars movie every year "for the rest of your life" i think is how they put it lol. It's going to be a great rest of our lives!
    If they keep putting out good stories with the same quality of production they're doing now, i don't think Star Wars will ever get old.

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

There's bound to be some crappy films if they put one out each year. So far, it seems like Star Wars is in good hands though.

15. There will be bad ones. There will be great ones. Either way, Lucasfilm gets about 1/5th of my income until I die.

aoftbsten likes this.
  16. cbow52

I've been re-reading Aftermath with the second part just a couple of months away. It's a lot better the second time around. I didn't have huge issues with it in the first place, but for me it was hard to really take it as it was meant to be i think. Now I know the characters, and read it again without some sort of expectations, it's a lot better story.
    Knowing that Temmin is Snap Wexley, that Rae Sloan is probably going to play a big part in the story post jedi, and that this group will play a part in the Han an Chewie storyline in the next book is pretty cool and makes me care about the characthers a lot more, instead of me wondering where this is going the whole time.

Also, there's a lot of references to The Clone Wars and Rebels in there that i didn't pickup on at first. There's mention of Fulcrum (Ahsoka) and Cut Laquain (the clone defector who started a family) just through half of the book.

17. Dodge725

Trusted

I just was not a fan of the writing style. It felt like reading a screenplay where I was watching/being told the action and not a part of it. Too much X said/does Y. I'll give it another go after I read Twilight Company and Bloodlines.

18. cbow52

I mean I totally agree. I know a lot of people listen to audiobooks and it must have sounded awful. If you can get past it though there's a really good story.

19. teenagemustache likes this.
  20. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Man, just learning a couple little tidbits from Bloodline changes a lot of theories that came from TFA.

it's been revealed that Bloodline take place only 6 years before TFA. And Ben is still training with Luke. Which means Rey was dropped off on Jakku long before Kylo turns on Luke. Which really takes away from Luke being her father theory. As well, it makes it unlikely she was training with Luke until Ben's turn and betrayal and was hidden to hide her from Ren. And it means Luke has only been gone for at the most 6 years. Which him being a "myth" is a little odd.
    I can't wait to read this.

21. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

Intereseting. I'm excited to read this book. The other "canon" books I have read have been pretty good so far.

22. Greg

The fact that this author, Claudia Gray, has written the best one so far has me even more excited for it.

23. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

She wrote Lost Stars, right? I have that one on my list to read next. I keep hearing that it's a great read.

24. Greg

Yes, Lost Stars. It's the best one so far. I think this will be even better.

teenagemustache likes this.
  25. I LOVED Lost Stars. Really great read.

teenagemustache likes this.