Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 57

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Thank god

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I do want Kenobi though

aoftbsten likes this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I still want a Kenobi movie, but I also think everything more I wanted from him on Tatooine was covered in that one rebels episode.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Greg

After Solo, I would say seeing Kenobi dismantle Maul’s criminal syndicate and either by chance or purpose, the movie ends with Maul being stranded on the sith temple planet. The name escapes me, I’m so annoyed.

bodkins likes this.
  5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Malachor!

He would have to do it in a way so that Maul doesn't know it's him though or he fake's his own death because Maul has that whole "He lives!" reaction in Rebels when he finds out Kenobi is alive.

6. Greg

I mean, depending on the timing, they could play it off like it has just been so long so Maul assumes he may be dead. Or the Malachor stuff could be something that happens after Obiwan heads back to Tattooine.

I dunno. Haha

aoftbsten likes this.
  7. Dodger Oct 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 27, 2018)
    Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I think an Obi-Wan could work. first off in a new hope Lars and Obi-Wan seemed to have beef (that’s your uncle talking) so you could cast Edgerton in there. Maybe ObiWan wants to train him when he gets older and Owen doesn’t want him to? maybe not. idk

Heres my main pitch. Its very brutal to start. We start with Obi-Wan utterly broken and a broken shell of who he once was. The weather on Tattooine is brutal. Hes aging fast. Hes lonely. He cant get over losing Anakin to the dark side. He has visions/nightmares of Maul killing Qui-Gon. Of Anakin in flames on Mustafar and this black mysterious figure (Vader) whos killing people and causing major imbalances in the Force (just like he did when he sensed Alderaan was destroyed). He wants to help and join the war but his mission is to stay there and its tearing him apart. He breaks down crying. Its dark and depressing.

Maybe then senses something wrong and goes to see Luke. We never see Lukes face but in some shape or form but hes in trouble. Maybe Sandpeople again? Maybe a sniper. He somehow stealthily and without using his saber saves Luke. Maybe Luke has no idea hes just been saved. Its a thankless job and Obi-wan goes back to his hut. (It also gives us some needed action in act one.)

Eventually Qui-Gon reappears to him (with Liam Neeson coming back). Obi-Wan thinks hes having visions again and turns around but then Qui-Gon uses the Force to hit him with something in the room and his eyes pop (some much needed levity). This alone will be great to see master and apprentice reunited. It also is the gateway for Obi to experience becoming one with the Force. He questions how this is possible and Qui-Gon goes into it.

Then eventually Obi-Wan breaks down when apologizing about failing him with Anakin and having to kill Anakin (which is what he thinks at this point). Qui-Gon spits some wisdom about ego and his vanity for thinking that the universe revolves around him thinking hes solely responsible for Anakins downfall. Maybe he tells him Anakin lives (but doesnt tell him hes Vader because thats what Jedi do. Be ambiguous and withholding of familial relationships/Vader/Leia). He also maybe doesn’t tell him anything and let him think Anakins dead. But anyways he tells him that his new mission is to achieve becoming one with the force. All of the shit weve seen in the movie prior with Obi-Wans shame is all a set up for him to confront these demons to achieve what Qui-Gon has achieved. Qui-gon says hell watch over Luke while Obi-Wan goes to the planet with the Force Priestess’ (Just like he did with Yoda in TCW) where he will find the answers to this new achievement in the Force.

Along the way he stops at a rest stop to get some food and take a leak. This needs to be shown to show that excretory systems are canon in Star Wars because as of this point they are not and that is unacceptable. Maybe a wide shot showing the backs of a series of aliens using the space urinals. I’m kidding of course but kind of not lol At some point at this stop he encounters somebody doing something shitty to somebody. Idk. Maybe somebody forgot to wash their hands and one of the aliens is furious. He doesnt want to get involved but somehow does. It would be action heavy. Whatever it is it could feature appearances from Boba Fett, or Cad Bane, or Hondo, or Beckett or something fan pleasing for some but doesn’t necessarily need explaining and is just a fun action moment. Somebody sees him helping out and sees his lightsaber on his belt or something. They try to capture him to collect a bounty but they fail. They report it to the Empire for some cash because thats what those types of people do.

I really think this could be a perfect opportunity to put Vader in. He’d be the main villain and it will be James Earl Jones’ final Vader performance. Hed be following this lead of an unknown Jedi still alive since he is the Jedi hunter during this time. He doesnt know its Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan still doesnt know Vader is Anakin. (I will come back to this). So earlier in the movie in the first act wed maybe get Vaders life under Palpatine. How oppressive he is. How hard it is to live in the suit. He throws out his back force lifting something too heavy and goes to the space chiropractor. Also when Obi Wan feels people dying earlier you could have a scene where Vader is doing the killing and showing the how the Empire rules even more.

Anyways, Obi-Wan gets to the Priestess' planet and thats when shit gets crazy obviously. If youve ever seen the Clone Wars version of this planet its weird and it would be exactly that. Imagine practical sets of this planet. and the dark room with the orange lights. You can make it a little more grounded and less cartoony. Maybe even darker and more trippier. We finally get more talk about the Cosmic Force as opposed to the Living Force which I don’t think have been mentioned in the films. It would be totally weird and something to set this movie apart from all the rest. It would be a way to introuduce this weird Cosmic Force idea to casual fans, almost like the Guardians introduced us into the new Cosmic MCU.

Obviously not EXACTLY the same but something like this and the Priestess explaining the ideology would be perfect.

Obi-Wan would then go through his version of this.

While thats happening Vader goes to that same planet to find this unknown Jedi. He finds the priestess’ as Obi-Wan already has and idk what happens here. Maybe they try to teach him how to become a Force Ghost as well. Maybe they just try to teach him these same lessons and he refuses. Maybe they refuse to help him find the Jedi. the main point is he'll try to find Obi-Wan and undergo basically the same thing Obi-Wans going through. At this point Obi-Wan starts to sense something dark on the planet even more than what he’s facing. Something familiar. Vader starts to sense a presence he has not felt since...(ha get it?)

Here Vader can get ROTS flashbacks with Padme, Shmi, Obi-Wan and even Ashoka (maybe not this one since it requires viewers to watch more than the movies) Might be a point where he faces the ghost of Anakin with a Hayden recast. All of these images and ghosts haunting him on this planet. They keep shamimg him about the awful person hes become. About letting us die. He has a breakdown and just starts swinging his lightsaber at these ghosts that just go through him and leaving a path of destruction in his wake. Theres fire all around him and hes left sitting on the ground with his hands over his head and keep in mind this is all intercut between Vader and Obi-Wan going through the same shit together basically. Obi-Wan might see Luke in ROTJ getting electrocuted by Palpatine not able to save him. Hell see visions of Maul, maybe clone troopers like Cody turning on him. A darker version of himself. Some of these visions they face could also include fight scenes.

This is when Vader finds Obi-Wan. It will be set up almost like a horror film when Obi-Wan comes face to face with the nightmares hes been having. Its basically the epitomization of his inner darkness and ultimate barrier in becoming one with the Force. It’s Vader’s ultimate darkness as well because Obi is a mirror of his hate for Anakin. His hate for Obi Wan is his ultimate weakness and shows his fucked up point of view. He blames Obi-Wan for the corrupt Jedi. Blames him for turning Padme against him and now Padme being dead. Blames him for leaving him for dead and ultimately imprisoning him in this suit. The mirror here I think with these trials is that Obi-Wans ego and darkness is manifested in his guilt and blaming himself for everything. His self hatred basically. Vader’s darkness and ego manifests in not taking responsibility for anything. Blaming everything on others and ultimate his hatred of others for his past. Both shadow aspects of self but each on far opposite ends of the spectrum

They fight. Vader sees this as finally getting his revenge and all of his hate and rage unleashes on Obi. Hes beating Obi-Wan and bad. If this wasn’t revealed already by Qui-Gon, Vader reveals that he was once his pupil before hes about to kill him which sends Obi-Wan into denial. He wont believe Anakin is the cause of all of his nightmares of this figure killing so many in the galaxy.

He may say that he killed Anakin on Mustafar. He says, "Anakin...that foolish boy who believed in that corrupt power hungry Jedi. That naive child is dead but I killed him long before you got to him. As you can see the dark side has made me even so much more than Anakin ever could have been.

Obi-Wans more broken down now that by NOT killing anakin now hes responsible for all this pain in the galaxy. Rock Bottom. At this point he decides not to fight maybe?

Anyway Obi-Wan tries to convert Anakin back. In the OG trilogy (which I just rewatched the past two days because I’ve been feeling like shit) it seems like Obi-Wan and Vader have seen each other since ROTS. I know its not intentional and somewhat retconning, but when Luke is trying to turn Vader. “Obi-Wan once thought as you did.” And “he’s more machine than man.” When Luke is talking about converting him. It seems like there was a point where Obi-Wan tried to convert him which is why hes so sure Luke cant do it. this would be that moment. It would fit perfectly. Obi feels like hes responsible for all this death and destruction and this is the only way to make it right and redeem himself. He believes that this is his last final challenge to becoming one with the Force (although its not).

Idk what happens here. Maybe a lot of fighting. A lot of arguing. A lot of destruction. Each are talking about their philosophies and the Jedi vs. the Sith. Whos right and wrong in all of this. (And they are both exemplifying the antithesis of the ideology and lesson that Priestess was trying to give when they first got there. So caught up in their paradigms of right and wrong when neither is right or wrong)

The Priestess' intervene as they are destroying the planet and what is supposed to be a balanced place. Vader and Obi run toward each other and they stop. in the middle of the two of them is two figures back to back. Padme facing Vader. A young Anakin facing Obi-Wan. (The Priestess’ posing as them) Nothing is said at all but a mutual feeling of shame can be seen on their faces. The one thing each can’t overcome. Their greatest failure and their downfall. Mostly their shame for letting them die. Obi-Wan also looks around and sees the destruction around them that this fight has caused. He looks back at Anakin whos translucent body fits perfectly onto Vader’s. “No more.” And decides not to fight anymore. He may say that “It’s not too late. you can honor Padme by stop serving the Emperor and stop hurting innocent people.”

Vader walks slowly towards Padme and stops. He says some memorable line and stabs Padme which goes through her and Anakin through the back, who both turn back into the priestess’ who are dead. Perfect parallel that he killed both Anakin and Padme too. Obi-Wans incredulous. The other 3 priestess’ are PISSED and they attack Vader telling him to leave this planet. This would be a spectacular fight scene and leave him running for his life. Before he can leave he sees another vision of Padme. “I'm sorry”.

In the end neither of them are able to become one with the Force. They are too egotistical in blaming themselves and eachother for the past. Too unbalanced. Too caught up in their own ideologies to see that the truth of the Force lies beyond right and wrong.

AS they are both leaving one of the Priestess' telepathically and simultaneously tells them “Remember. Only through a relinquishing of your guilt and a forgiveness of yourself can you find PEACE. the Force isnt a tool that you bend to your will to see fit what is right from your perspective. It is a connection between everything. Even what you consider the most pure good is connected to the most corrupted evil in the Force. There is no judgement in the Force. Everything is binded into one. If you mentally divorce yourself from your worst enemy you are also severing yourself from a part of the Force itself and you will never be able to become one with it. Hopefully there will come a time for both of you when you will face your past and future and treat them as one. Once you accept that your PURPOSE exists beyond your time in the physical realm, and it lies with those who follow you and sacrifice your time in the physical realm for that purpose, the Force allow you to join the Cosmic force to fulfill that purpose and guide those around you to bring balance to the Force." (but ya know, something better than that.

This also finally makes me happy on why Vader was able to achieve becoming a Force Ghost after not going through the same shit as Yoda and Obi-Wan. It also adds depth to why Luke was finally able to become a force ghost in TLJ because he goes through that same arc of forgiving himself and his failures and sacrificing himself.

Facing past and future would bring parallels to Obi-Wan on the Death Star hangar facing Vader (his past) and saving Luke (the future). With Anakin in ROTJ he faces Palpatine (his past) and Luke (his future). With Luke it’s facing Kylo (his past) and saving Rey (future).

Obi-Wan and Vader both eventually have that moment and realization where they realize Luke is the answer and their purpose. Then Luke realizes Rey was his purpose. Basically the message of becoming a Force Ghost is telling us that all of our purposes in life is to reliquish our own ego’s and delusions that our purpose is to be the Chosen One and really that you are just a vessel to make those better around you have such an impact on those around us of love and helping others that it makes us indelible in the minds of those weve affected. The self-sacrifice is the most powerful selfless act that literally saves the heroes and allows them to continue their journey. We all live on as ghosts in the memories of our loved ones and the lessons we taught and our selfless actions that guide and influence their actions.

Vader saw ObiWan sacrifice himself for Luke, and realizes the same thing that Obiwan does. Luke remembers when ObiWan and Vader sacrificed themself for him and realizes thats what he must do for Rey. It ties together the peace and purpose line as kind of the main lesson in becoming one with the Force.

Even though Obi-Wan isn’t fully ready until the Death Star to become one with the Force his arc through this whole movie basically ends with realizing that Vader isn’t his fault. No one person is responsible for this all and he learns to trust that the Force will find balance in time. Pursuing him will only cause more destruction and it’s not his responsibility anymore. He finds peace that his purpose isn’t to find balance but help those who come after to find balance.

So yeah i did not expect to write this huge thing. It’s incredibly vague and messy. It’s probably too focused on the visions/haunting and thematically focused and not enough story. Not enough levity, probably too dark, and too reliant on the past. The structure is terrible because it’s basically only two main locales and not enough moving around but I think you get the gist. It might work better as an 8 episode series actually.

He discovers Anakin as Vader, he tries to turn him, have another big fight with Vader, a lot of references to ROTS and stuff so its a lot of fan pleasing which I don’t like if its only that, but I think the weird new Comic Force stuff and Force Priestess' and finally delving into the Force Ghost stuff will be enough to make it feel like a fresh new Star Wars movie as the fan pleasing stuff.

Bless your heart if you read this whole ridiculous fan fiction.

This is a new low/high of nerd-dom sweatiness for me. I’m gonna take a shower.

teebs41, coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
  8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

anyone else pretty excited for EK Johnston's Amidala book and/or Claudia Grey's Qui Gonn and Obi-Wan one?

Dodger likes this.
  9. Greg

Hell yea!

bodkins and ChaseTx like this.
  10. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Disney's Q4 earnings call is just over an hour away. Last year Iger announced the Rian Johnson trilogy and "a live action series" (The Mandolorian). Could announce some things this time around too.

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  11. NitrateDawn

Regular

Wouldn’t expect them to announce any new films except to give details for anything we’ve already heard about. They’ve publicly said they regret announcing so much and intend to slow down. Anything’s possible though.

12. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

NitrateDawn and Syre Dream like this.
  13. bodkins

Trusted

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

ehh, I'm not super interested in that to be honest. Why can't they move away from the Rebellion/Empire period?

Dodger likes this.
  15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

They should just have the whole series be a Rogue One prequel. Give all those characters little storylines and then have it all lead up to the final episode, which would be Rogue One (obviously).

16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This

17. Because then it's just "Star"

coleslawed, bodkins, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
    coleslawed likes this.
  19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

At this point we have the OT, Rebels, Rogue One all covering the galactic civil war. I just want something a little more fresh I guess. I'm gonna watch it regardless though haha.

20. ship90

Trusted

It would be cool if we got some more Bail Organa or Enfys Nest. I’m intrigued.

Dodger likes this.
  21. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I’m with you. I didn’t really care about Cassian. I’d rather new stories with new characters.

That said maybe with more screen time I’ll grow to love Cassian and also if K2SO is a part of this I’m down

aoftbsten likes this.
  22. I don't get how this isn't a new story with new characters. He's been in one movie. Had like, what, 50 minutes of screen time max? That's as new as can be.

Greg and Joe4th like this.
  23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining. I'm just personally more interested in stories around the new trilogy and beyond at this point. It just seems like there's so much more untapped potential to be explored in this universe.

At the end of the day, it's new Star Wars so I'm happy. Plus, it's likely that the Rian Johnson trilogy and the B&W films will be completely new, so maybe a splash of familiar will be nice to have.

Dodger likes this.
  24. Resistance is airing right now. :shrug:

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I know and it’s good! It’s one of the reasons I’m more interested in this newer era than the OT era.

Dodger likes this.