Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 54

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

lol fuck autocorrect

aoftbsten and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Would you take Johnson’s trilogy over the trilogy from the writers of GoT?

Dodger likes this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

100% would take Johnson's over B&W. I'm really enjoying Game of Thrones (only on season four right now). But Rian has an incredible imagination that should help to keep Star Wars fresh.

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  4. I'll take either as long as they don't really tie into the stories we already know

Dodger likes this.
  5. Dodger

Great question. at this point its hard to answer that since we dont know exactly what either are about. (I think the Old Republic stuff are just rumors). I would take Johnson right now without a doubt if I had to choose. Id love Rian to have free reign to create his own characters from scratch and not have to be tied to previous characters/storylines/JJ's mystery box. More time to write and hash things out before getting to production. Longer production cycle. his interpretation of the Force and the SW mythos is very similar to mine and I would love for him to explore it further.

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would say that Johnson’s trilogy will be interesting because he is already familiar with the universe and I’m sure that will enable him to make content that’s both foreign and recognizable to the typical Star Wars fan. I’m mainly excited for the trilogy with the GoT writers because I’m expecting the nature of it to be pretty “out there” due to Disney asking them to get involved.

7. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

coleslawed, Dodger and aoftbsten like this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That's pretty awesome. I want a full-length movie version of that.

Dodger and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  9. ship90

Trusted Supporter

10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I just started Thrawn. Enjoying it so far despite not being familiar with the character before this

ship90 likes this.
  11. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Coming in 2019

Vader Immortal, written and executive produced by David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight, Secrets of the Empire), will be a three-part series set between Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. It connects to Secrets of the Empire (though we don’t yet know how), and sends fans to the iconic Sith Lord’s castle on the lava-world of Mustafar first seen in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. As shown in the teaser trailer above, which also debuted today, we’ll encounter Vader himself and wield a lightsaber. No other details have been disclosed, except that it looks to be the next step in Star Wars VR.

For the canon-uninitiated, one thing that’s important to note is that Vader Immortal counts, and was hatched and developed with guidance from the Lucasfilm Story Group. It will be an official part of the overall saga, adding to what we know of Vader and his story, and of everyone and everything else that Vader Immortal touches.

The Sith Lord, however, isn’t the only element of Vader Immortal you’ll get up close and personal with; his castle, too, plays a role. “You’re going to be able to really explore that place and, by extension, learn a lot more about Vader,” Goyer teases. “I think the goal, also, was that we might able to [witness] some other depths to his character that might be difficult to experience in other mediums.”

coleslawed and stars143 like this.
  12. NitrateDawn

Regular

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I LOVE that the rumors were squashed. lol

aoftbsten likes this.
  14. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Hell yea.

15. Dodger

Yay. Good for her. Despite not agreeing with everything she’s done we still have yet to get a bad movie and love the direction right now and all the projects in development.

more than anything I think it’s pretty remarkable she’s willing to put up with all this still for three more years in the face of people blaming her for everything when much of it is not her fault

Disney is more responsible for a lot of shortcomings of Solo especially with them not allowing LF to move the release date and hearing that Lord and Miller were Iger’s guys which is why it took forever for them to get fired.

Also this means it’s more likely Rian keeps his trilogy which is another huge plus

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I know that going to familiar territory isn’t something we want spin offs to do but am I the only one who would love a cyberpunk noir film set on Coruscant?

Dodger likes this.
  17. ship90

Trusted Supporter

The tv show is reported or rumored I should say to start filming next week and there are also some leaked set pics. Can’t tell much, but hopefully we get an official announcement soon with the title and cast.

Dodger likes this.
  18. Dodger

Nope. I would love that. I would looooooooooooove to go back to Coruscant and see what modern tech and practical sets would do with that world.

ship90 and justin. like this.
  19. Dodger

I also feel like Clone Wars has to be going back there for something. Possibly even recreating what the 2003 Samurai Jack Clone Wars did with the Battle of Coruscant to bridge TCW with ROtS.

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think the cancelled 1313 game was going to be on coruscant.

21. ship90 Oct 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 2, 2018)
    ship90

Trusted Supporter

Posting here as well since I think some people are avoiding the 9 thread. Hard to keep track of all these threads tbh ha

Edit: casting rumor pedro pascal. I feel pretty whatever about rumors/spoiler for the tv show but not sure about others

Dodger and aoftbsten like this.
  22. Dodger

Finished Lost Stars and no surprise I loved it. I dream casted Tessa Thompson as Ciena and a younger/clean cut Chris Hemsworth as Thane because I loved them so much in Ragnarok. Loved those two characters so much. Ciennas arc broke my heart. Can’t say I’ve ever experienced a character like her in my life.

The last three chapters I was reading so fast because of how intense it was. The battle of Jakku and the fight on the Inflictor would’ve looked so incredible cinematically. Was not expecting it to end the way it did. Just like Bloodline it definitely wasn’t a happily ever after type thing. Also definitely leaves room for a sequel which I’d love although the character arcs I think are complete so idk where they’d go. Obviously something with Nash.

ChaseTx and ship90 like this.
  23. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Heyyyy

24. Dodger

New thread or should all live action show stuff be in here?

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

That actually sounds good and with Favreau on board I'm on board

Chase Tremaine likes this.