Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I am ready to do all of the reading.

ship90 likes this.
  2. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I am freaking out about Clone Wars Saved. Soooo good. God bless Dave Filoni.

aoftbsten likes this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

5. Read Thrawn Alliances and its probably bottom tier of the new books for me. My least favorite Timothy zahn book.

6. Greg

I’m 200+ pages in and really liking it. :shrug:

7. Dodge725

Trusted

Been catching up this weekend on comics and the main Star Wars line is having its best arc right now. I remember hearing they’re setting up for Empire Strikes Back later this year and it really feels like it. Highly recommend everyone jump in and either start the current arc (#50-ongoing) or even better go back to #38 because they’re once again telling a longer story and not just individual arcs. 38 starts with the new creative team and it’s Luke, Han, and Leia on Jedha.

The current Vader comic is still going strong. Poe is interesting because it’s past The Last Jedi now, but ending soon. Doctor Aphra has gotten overly silly for me recently. I really like the character, but I think they need to pull back on some of the humor and weird stuff and focus more on what her overall arc is gonna be. It feels aimless at the moment. I think seeing her in a different form (novel, show) would help.

8. bodkins

Trusted

Just got the new main series trade, lookin now forward to diving into that. The latest Aphra release I haven’t like as much as the first couple, but I have a few issues left so we’ll see.

9. Dodge725

Trusted

Starting Thrawn:Alliances now and am really excited that Batuu is the major setting as that’s the location for Galaxy’s Edge AKA Disney’s Star Wars land. Hoping for some fun hints and connections that will pay off when the park opens.

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I really like the animation style.

stars143 and ship90 like this.
  11. ship90

Trusted

I agree, this looks cute. What a weird time to debut though

12. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

It looks like it’s aiming even more towards children, which I can’t say I’m thrilled about. Also this made me realize this is going to have nothing to do with Sabine and Ashoka which for some reason I had in my mind.

I wonder in what form that adventure will come in.

bodkins likes this.
  13. Dodge725

Trusted

I’m alright with it being more kid focused because we’re getting more Clone Wars which skews older. I hope we get one adult and one kid friendly show indefinitely.

bodkins and Dodger like this.
  14. bodkins

Trusted

They were smart as shit to drop Clone Wars trailer before this. If I had seen this, I would’ve been really disappointed in regards to it being even more kid focused. I immediately remembered clone wars and now I’m cool with it.

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I really don't think that the trailer looks anymore kid-friendly than Rebels was, to be honest.

16. ship90

Trusted

It’s kinda weird to me that people are disappointed that this is aimed toward children ha. I am also one of those weirdos who is not the biggest fan of the animation style of Rebels/Clone Wars, so I dig this

17. NitrateDawn

Regular

Sorta reminds me of Wind Waker-style animation, I think I could grow to really love it. Also let's not forget Clone Wars and Rebels started off verrry kiddy and evolved over time

aoftbsten likes this.
  18. Dodger

Yeah but as elated I am about Clone Wars it iiiiiis only 12 episodes. Its more of a close than a new adventure. I don’t mind that much if it is. I don’t need every single Star Wars thing to aim towards me, I just felt Rebels was a good blend of both worlds.

We still got two new movie series and a live action series so if I don’t dig this no biggy.

19. Greg

I just don’t think this looks very good.

That first shot of Poe looks really off.

Edit: to clarify, I mean the style. It just doesn’t feel right to me. Wouldn’t be as jarring if it wasn’t set in the SW World where they already have two lengthy shows of a similar style while this one is incredibly different.

20. ship90

Trusted

So many adults are Mad Online that this is going to be a show for little kids, my oh my not every SW thing is going to be for everyone. Rian’s trilogy is rumored to be of the more PG variety and the Benioff/Weiss is going to lean more PG13. Then you have the TV show...

coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
  21. Dodge725

Trusted

I’m totally fine with it leaning more toward kids because there are other things for me. I’m still gonna watch it even if I know it probably won’t be anywhere near my favorite stuff. I am excited for the fact that it looks to have some racing elements to it which they’ve been hinting at for a while, especially in Bloodline.

Dodger likes this.
  22. bodkins

Trusted

Are people legit getting angry?

Edit: nevermind it’s Star Wars fans of course they are.

aoftbsten, Dodger and ship90 like this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

24. Dodger Sep 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 20, 2018)
    Dodger

Sure just don’t cancel Rians trilogy

25. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I think the next round of sanctions will likely wipe out this possibility.

Henry and aoftbsten like this.