Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Yep! Welcome!

water & solutions likes this.
  2. water & solutions

I used to be love_american_style

3. Broxi

I'm thinking about starting Rebels, I watched one ep of Clone Wars where I was introduced to the character Ahsoka and notice she's also in Rebels, do I need to have seen all of Clone Wars to properly watch Rebels?

4. No. Ahsoka is the only real connection. Knowing she was Anakin's padawan is all you need to watch Rebels.

5. Broxi

Sweet, cheers

6. But clone wars is very good...why skip it

Jacob Tender likes this.
  7. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

I'm pretty behind on Rebels but what I've seen I loved, and from what I've read online it sounds like it's only gotten better since it started. I'm really hoping they make some kind of connection between Rebels and Rogue One. It doesn't have to be something overt like a character from the show being in the movie, but even if they just referenced a character or events from the show that'd be cool to see.

8. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

You don't HAVE to, but if you've only watched the movies...once you catch up, you're going to be confused for sure, or at least wonder about the other stories.
    There are characters that pop in season 2 of Rebels that were introduced in the clone wars, and while you don't have to know all of their story, it sure adds to the whole experience. especially since The Clone Wars is really good. I'd say watch it. The Clone Wars adds so much to the prequel era and even for most people who didn't love the prequels, changed the way we think about that era. Just the portrayal of Anakin there is worth it.

there's someone who just showed up that (only saying it like this since he maybe doesn't know) that he'd probably be pretty confused about if he'd only seen the movies and not the clone wars.

I'd say there are certain arcs that are must watches before you see rebels if you're not going to watch the full series.

9. So what do people think will happen to Kanan, Ezra, and Ashoka in the end?

I find it hard to believe they'd be alive during A New Hope.

10. Broxi

Is that person Maul? I watch Jedi Council on Collider and they always talk about the show so I hear bits and bobs about what's going on. But yeah I don't know how he survived or what happened in clone wars etc. Spider legs or something?
    Also, I watched the first 2 episodes, or one part 1&2 and 2, and C3PO and R2D2 turning up really took me out of it for a while, like is there anything in the whole universe those two haven't been witness to? Was so forced it annoyed me. But whatever, show is decent so far

11. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Personally, I think it's be pretty great if they end up on Alderaan when it blows up. I don't know if we'll see more Ahsoka sadly, at least in Rebels.

12. Dodge725

Trusted

I think we will just because they showed her walking away. She knows Anakin is Vader so that's gonna be her sole mission. She probably won't be doing things with the Rebellion, but I definitely think she'll show cross paths again while tracking Vader down.

13. Oh yea. I forgot about that. I really need to catch up on Rebels....

14. cbow52

I honestly think either Ezra or kanan will live, they just won't be considered Jedi anymore.

Ashoka is done for rebels. Dave filoni said as much on the latest rebel force radio podcast. I'm pretty sure she's still alive, and I have a feeling she shows up in the next animated series whenever that is.

Yea man, if you haven't seen it yet get on that. Also, love you talking about the forum here on your podcast.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  15. I love the Star Wars community here! It's been a lot of fun chatting with everyone.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Was hoping for Egerton. Never seen anything with Ehrenreich though, so I guess I'll have to change that. Hail Caesar was on my list already so I'll start there.

17. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

Currently making my way through the new novels. Right now I'm almost done A New Dawn and I have previously read Heir to the Jedi, Lords of the Sith and Tarkin. I'm really digging the new canon.

18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Ehrenrich is so good in Hail, Caesar. I'm glad he's getting a big showcase, even better that it's with Lord and Miller.

19. cbow52

be sure to check out New Republic : Bloodlines next month (may 3rd) I have a feeling that will end up being my favorite novel of the lot so far.

20. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

That's on my list to read when it comes out. I think i'm going to read Dark Disciple while I'm waiting for it to be released.

21. So I'm just starting season 2 of rebels...and where are these inquisators coming from? Who's training them?

22. Tyler

Regular Supporter

I'm not sure if it's specifically stated but from Vader and The Emperor.

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

24. cbow52

I don't think that's canon